Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Things have been slipping for a few years…
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Things have been slipping for a few years…

Nov 26, 2022, 4:50 PM

Unfortunately I feel it may be gone.
The run was awesome however I think we’re done being elite (top 10).

FSU lost it after years of dominance
Miami lost it
Nebraska lost it
Tennessee lost it

We could very well fall to mediocrity
8-4, 7-5
Bottom of top 25 etc

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, I hope not.

Nov 26, 2022, 4:52 PM

We’re hanging on by a string right now though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Things have been slipping for a few years…

Nov 26, 2022, 5:17 PM

I knew when NIL started and sticking with DJ it would be downhill. It was fun while it lasted though

Nov 26, 2022, 5:25 PM

Losing it. We are WRU so things are great. Dabo has won 2 national championships and he is a national celeb, and no matter how you look at it we are recruiting at a higher level than at any time. The only truth to any of that is the Dabo part but yet we have fans still saying all these things are true. We are recruiting better than we were back when Watson was here but we developed players better and that means more than just recruiting studs or at least it is in our case. We need to cherish winning the ACC because that will get tougher in the years to come. I still think we win it this year. Dabo knows he needs to win it to be able to say these games are hard to win and we are still the king of the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2022, 9:12 PM

Losing it. We are WRU so things are great. Dabo has won 2 national championships and he is a national celeb, and no matter how you look at it we are recruiting at a higher level than at any time. The only truth to any of that is the Dabo part but yet we have fans still saying all these things are true. We are recruiting better than we were back when Watson was here but we developed players better and that means more than just recruiting studs or at least it is in our case. We need to cherish winning the ACC because that will get tougher in the years to come. I still think we win it this year. Dabo knows he needs to win it to be able to say these games are hard to win and we are still the king of the ACC.

Reply to speedracer:

We have a lot of WRs in the NFL and they are typically playing well.
But, we are no longer WRU. No TE or WR on this team will sniff the NFL. A.Williams is the only WR that can routinely get open and catch the ball.
Today there were 3 very catchable passes that were dropped -- one each by EJ Williams, (not adequate 13) Spector and Davis Allen. Of those 3, only Allen has caught more than he has dropped. Coach's decision, but Spector and EJ Williams should not have been on the field as WRs, today. And certainly not going forward.

Still the loss of this game goes back to coaching and DJU5. The 72-yd USuC TD today belongs to our DC. He chose not to blizz and Rattler had immense time to get his pass off. Our OC stopped our first drive today by changing from run plays to 3 straight incompletions.
(I think DJU5 likely switched out of a run play to throw the INT near the end of the game.)
And, of course, Dabo stuck with DJU5 all game, when we only needed one more run play drive to win. That's on Dabo.
IMO, he wanted to prove the ESPN talkers (that said he couldn't win with DJU5 at QB) wrong -- but Dabo was wrong and that cost his team. Unfortunately, his stubborn and wrong decisions are already affecting recruiting negatively.
He needs Scott and new OC and DC.

Nov 26, 2022, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Things have been slipping for a few years… ]

Reply to speedracer:

But, we are no longer WRU. No TE or WR on this team will sniff the NFL. A.Williams is the only WR that can routinely get open and catch the ball.
Today there were 3 very catchable passes that were dropped -- one each by EJ Williams, (not adequate 13) Spector and Davis Allen. Of those 3, only Allen has caught more than he has dropped. Coach's decision, but Spector and EJ Williams should not have been on the field as WRs, today. And certainly not going forward.

Still the loss of this game goes back to coaching and DJU5. The 72-yd USuC TD today belongs to our DC. He chose not to blizz and Rattler had immense time to get his pass off. Our OC stopped our first drive today by changing from run plays to 3 straight incompletions.
(I think DJU5 likely switched out of a run play to throw the INT near the end of the game.)
And, of course, Dabo stuck with DJU5 all game, when we only needed one more run play drive to win. That's on Dabo.
IMO, he wanted to prove the ESPN talkers (that said he couldn't win with DJU5 at QB) wrong -- but Dabo was wrong and that cost his team. Unfortunately, his stubborn and wrong decisions are already affecting recruiting negatively.

Nov 26, 2022, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Things have been slipping for a few years… ]

Reply to speedracer:

Reply to speedracer:

We missed on one QB and lost two good ones and TL...

Nov 26, 2022, 9:24 PM

at the same time. This is a temporary setback from DJ being a world beater in practice and not worth a flaming chit during a game. We might struggle a bit next year but two years from now we will be back on top.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2022, 9:27 PM

We peaked in the 2019 Natty! The fact that we only got 1 National title with Trevor is a bit of a letdown. He got worse as a QB while he was here compared to Freshman TL16

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic