»
Topic: There was a play in the first half. We were on about the
Replies: 8   Last Post: Oct 25, 2021, 10:23 AM by: TigersO
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

There was a play in the first half. We were on about the

[4]
Oct 25, 2021, 8:58 AM

7-yard line. Pitt had about 15 players on the field. The ref spotted the ball and backed away. DJU stood there and waited for the Pitt players to get off the field before he stepped up to the center.

Did anyone else notice that?

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Re: There was a play in the first half. We were on about the

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:04 AM

Yes,I saw that too. I thought why not get the penalty.

flag link

I think I saw that more than once, but I am no expert.***

[2]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:09 AM

2021 white level member flag link

I was screaming, snap the ball

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:14 AM

I truly feel that DJ is gun-shy because of all the complaints about his play. He is almost in fear of criticism that will result from a bad decision on his part. Everyone knows that the offense sets the tempo.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Everyone was screaming snap the ball...

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:36 AM

Even my mother-in-law.

DJ is confused right now and I think it's coaching. I think he's getting mixed messages from our staff, his off season coach, his former high school coach, social media, and even his dad.

I liked the fact that our coaches finally sat him for a couple of series. However, I think it was way to late. It should've happened during the Tech game, maybe even the UGA game.

flag link

Re: I was screaming, snap the ball

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:58 AM

He is a good kid but lacks the fire to be a good leader at this level of competition. I have seen it in only one game.

flag link

I don't know what it is, but the coaches don't seem to have

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:57 AM

much faith in DJ at the line of scrimmage. With Trevor, we'd be calling audibles, putting players in motion, etc. We'd often get up to the line, fake like we're going to snap to see the defense and try to figure out who's blitzing, and then change up the play/protections.

With DJ it just seems like we're giving him the play, and then that's it. He will snap it when he's ready, but there are very few pre-play adjustments.

Even with the too-many men on the field, it's like he either doesn't have a call to snap the ball instantly or he wasn't confident enough to do so.

flag link

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:58 AM

I honestly don’t think it ever even occurred to him. Maybe points to overall lack of football IQ. However I will say Pickett could have done the same to us a few times when Ruke was limping off the field late so maybe it was an agreement between coaches to avoid the “fake” injury lay down to stop quick snaps. That’s such a bad look for SEC teams.

flag link

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 10:23 AM

And then we scored a TD a play or two later.

Wow!

Lots of people really intent on complaining about every single small thing that happened in the game even when it had no impact on our success in that moment.

flag link

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: 3 tickets on 30 yd line. Atlantic/Wake Forest Section 516, Row 7. Great view of field. $55/ticket. N...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1139 people have read this post