Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is room for both criticism and credit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

There is room for both criticism and credit

Oct 2, 2022, 5:27 PM

We've seen more criticism than credit heading into this week and I think that has been deserved. We have a young team and a young staff that under-performed expectations out of the gate but the good news is that we see continuous improvement each week. Clearly, NCS was our best game to date from both a player and coaching perspective.

However, I was happy to hear Dabo's comments after the game. He isn't ready to clear a space in the trophy case just yet. As he said, we are not where we need to be but we are making progress. The goal is not to peak by game 6, it is to be at our peak when the post-season rolls around. If we can get healthy and stay that way, I think we will continue to see improvement in all areas.

A lot of people doubted this team early on. Thankfully, Dabo and his coaches were not. They believed in their plan and process, worked through the adjustments, and will continue to do so throughout the season. There are no easy games left. I expect BC to give us a tussle in Chestnut Hill but expect the Tigers to begin to separate in the 2H.

Let's hope the rest of the season is full of a lot more credit and a lot less criticism. Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is room for both criticism and credit

Oct 2, 2022, 5:45 PM

I believe we will start slow at Boston College because yesterday's game was so tense it takes a while to be yourself. Thankfully, the injuries have not hurt us this year like it did last year. Hope this continues to be the case. Peaking at the latter part of the schedule is a good point. No need to peak early in the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 5:49 PM

Usually when a team believes they are at their best by the middle of the season, are the teams that believe all they have to do is show up, and those are the team that usually gets their feeling hurt!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 5:46 PM

Even though there will always be those who isn't happy bc they know that the talent is there to do better. Then there is those that believe everybody should be a part of the pumper squad thinking that will make things OK at the end. It takes both I guess, one side that the team thinks aren't giving them enough credit, and the other side that makes them feel good about themselves, but it takes both so that they don't get to comfortable with average...Go Tigers, and hopefully they will become champions by the end of the season!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is always some room for criticism.

Oct 2, 2022, 5:50 PM

I believe there's always some room for praise too but moreso, I believe that room for praise should and needs to be filled as well as it can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 5:51 PM

If we look at starters, the offense started the year with 4 Seniors, 4 Juniors, 2 Sophs and 1 Freshman. On defense we had 4 Seniors, 3 Juniors, 4 Sophs. That is a pretty experienced team but what we found out last year, we get young when we have injuries. Dabo had a gleam in his eyes last night when he said we had a bunch of young guys getting valuable experience and that is a great thing for depth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic