Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Theoretically we can finish 18-11 in ACC regular season.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Theoretically we can finish 18-11 in ACC regular season.

Apr 24, 2022, 9:57 PM

Of course that would take a sweep over all remaining ACC games ... Louisville, Ga Tech, UVA, and BC ... so, highly unlikely.

Probably a better chance of taking 2/each from Louisville, Ga Tech, And one from UVA, while sweeping only BC.

That would still only leave us at 14-15 in the ACC.

Seems like a winning record in the ACC is going to be vital to post season chances.

Where can we find an extra win or two?

Can we sweep Louisville or Ga Tech? What about taking two from Virginia.

Do you think we have a chance?

Or we just too deep in the hole?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RPI-Taylor

Apr 24, 2022, 10:07 PM

Our RPI is strong, we get close to .500 and we will be in the post season. Will Taylor should’ve back next week, so there is some optimism. We still need a pitcher to step up.

Re: RPI-Taylor

Apr 24, 2022, 10:41 PM

I agree, it'll be taken into account. Our ACC record won't matter as much. Plus we still have the tournament. We'll be in with 36-20 regular season and that's not hard to do given our 14-0 start and sweep over uga.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2022, 11:32 PM

Right now Clemson sits in 14th place I believe out of 15 teams and the ACC baseball tournament includes only 12 teams.

Apr 25, 2022, 10:26 AM

I count 14 teams in the ACC. Three times have worse conference records. Just win the next one. It is the only one that matters.

Apr 25, 2022, 6:26 AM [ in reply to Re: RPI-Taylor ]

Our ACC record might not matter but where we finish most certainly will. No conference has gotten more than 9 teams in. The ACC is not the strongest conference (it’s probably second but not likely to get a record number of teams) this year. We probably need to get to 8th place in the ACC or win the ACC tourney.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC I believe has the best NC winning %. As a conf

Apr 25, 2022, 8:32 AM

We are minuscule amount behind the SEC in RPI. That could change. Regardless, I saw a projection for D1 last week that had 10 ACC teams. We weren’t one but that was prior to this weekend. We’ve climbed close to 40 spots im RPI the last couple of weeks. Conf record and place won’t matter as much because schedules aren’t balanced. The 5-0 against the SEC will be big. We need to beat Wofford - they have a really good RPI and take care of the other mid week games. Coastal is in there as well. As long as we get to about 12 or 13 league wins, I think we will be good to go. But that’s not necessarily easy given who is remaining.

Re: Theoretically we can finish 18-11 in ACC regular season.

Apr 25, 2022, 5:37 AM

Ask a 30 per center named Orange ?? He seems to have the math figured out. I had just mentioned needing to win the remaining 4 series and I was not talking sweeps to have any kind of chance, and that still may not be enough .

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Apr 25, 2022, 8:25 AM

I agree ... taking 2out of 3 in each of the four remaining series just leaves us at 14-15 ...

Hopefully that gets us into the ACC tournament, and we can make some noise there to build up our resume’.

We have a very tough road ahead, but fortunately we seem to be turning the corner at the right time.

We’re 5-0 in SEC play.

Apr 25, 2022, 6:50 AM

(2-0 at home and 3-0 on the road)

Not too bad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That doesn’t hurt for sure!***

Apr 25, 2022, 8:26 AM

Re: We’re 5-0 in SEC play.

Apr 25, 2022, 11:41 AM [ in reply to We’re 5-0 in SEC play. ]

But 3 of those wins are against the last place team in the SEC

Apr 25, 2022, 8:39 AM

We won’t necessarily need a .500 record in the ACC to go to a regional. 35 wins will get us in

Apr 25, 2022, 9:31 AM

3 pieces to the puzzle. We have to win games and either Carolina or Duke can't because to make the tournament we have to finish higher than one of those teams. We are 2 games behind so there is no margin of error.

We are not 2 games back of those teams

Apr 25, 2022, 10:38 AM

We are only a few % points behind them based on the difference in games played to date. We have won 2 less games but also lost 2 less games which puts us 0 games back. That’s how GB works.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic