Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The word dynasty gets overused these days. But, when it
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

The word dynasty gets overused these days. But, when it

Jun 9, 2023, 8:34 AM

comes to softball these days, Oklahoma has truly earned that term. We can at least be proud we had them one strike away from a loss. What we witnessed from them this season was all time history. I don't think 61-1 will ever be topped, not even by them. UCLA had a record of 63-6 one year during their great run, but only losing one game? I don't think it ever happens again.

Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners on your third straight, and most magnificent of the three, National Championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The word dynasty gets overused these days. But, when it

Jun 9, 2023, 8:42 AM

They won it with domination and a great attitude. Well done Oklahoma

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Jun 9, 2023, 8:43 AM

I agree. They sure played the clip enough of that gal tying us up with the dinger. But good press nonetheless. We came the closest to beating them and scored the most runs of any team. That will always be an asterisk on their season.

But to your point, how do you best it? You'd have to go undefeated.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UCLA won 35 in a row to open the season one year during

Jun 9, 2023, 8:49 AM

their run. I think that is still the record for the longest time undefeated to start a season. In a way, that earlier Baylor loss probably helped Oklahoma. Could you IMAGINE the pressure of going for a championship having not lost a single game? It would have been like that year the Patriots were 18-0 playing the Giants in the Super Bowl. And, we all know how THAT turned out. There are still kids in third world countries that owned tee shirts that said "New England Patriots 19-0 World Champions". At least the tees didn't just get destroyed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2023, 8:44 AM

I don't enjoy softball because the bases are too close together and the games are determined by the pitcher. I did watch a few minutes of the game last night and the Oklahoma team is simply heads and shoulders better than anyone else. Congrats to the Lady Sooners.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2023, 8:52 AM

Didn’t you recently say baseball and softball were the same sport?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you have as many scoks as JK does, it's hard to keep

Jun 9, 2023, 8:53 AM

track of which one said what.

:)

LOL. you don't think BASEBALL games are determined by the

Jun 9, 2023, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: The word dynasty gets overused these days. But, when it ]

pitcher? There's a whole lot of Hall of Famers that say otherwise. Steve Carleton says hello.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic