Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The rest of P5 better stick together against greedy SEC!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

The rest of P5 better stick together against greedy SEC!

Jul 27, 2021, 9:58 PM

If we go to a 12 team playoff, with no restrictions, the greedy SEC figures they'll have 5, 6 or even 7 of the teams in the playoff most years! The other conferences, including G5, need to stick together and push for an 8 team playoff, with no more than two teams from any one conference. Keep the proposal to make the top six ranked conference champs automatic.

Besides the money grab, the main reason to expand the playoff is to include more of the country. You don't do that if half the teams are from the SEC!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No opinions on this?***

Jul 27, 2021, 10:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The rest of P5 better stick together against greedy SEC!

Jul 27, 2021, 10:33 PM

Agree. Rest of P5 should oppose any expansion of CFP.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2021, 10:44 PM

Great point, 5 conference champs with 3 at large & not more than 2 from any one conference

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2021, 1:12 AM

And just what do you propose they do;
1)Protest in the streets( peaceful of course)
2)Storm the Capital buildings of all the schools in the SEC!
3)Go on CNN/MSNBC and air their grievances.
4)Take it to the Supreme Court.
5)Tell the NCAA that they will secede from the Association and form their own institution and let the SEC just take their top 12 teams for the playoffs while the other 4 power conferences develop their own playoffs.
6)Just drop football all together.
Did I miss anything?

I just told you what they should do, Lefty! Stick together

Jul 28, 2021, 5:08 AM

on any changes to the CFP format! No more than 8 teams, no more than two from any one conference! Still make the top six conference champs automatic is fine by me, although that won't happen with just eight teams!

Thanks for your invaluable contribution to this subject, Lefty! :)

Re: I just told you what they should do, Lefty! Stick together

Jul 28, 2021, 6:02 AM

I was just trying to make light of what they can't do because they can't really do anything.If college football wants 12 teams you are going to have 12 teams, And if the ACC and PAC can only get one or two teams in those 12 ,it's certainly not the fault of the SEC.

I think the majority of P5 will have to agree on any changes

Jul 28, 2021, 7:10 AM

to the CFP. I'm just saying the other conferences shouldn't just be following along with what the greedy SEC wants! And it certainly isn't in the best interest of college football's nation-wide appeal, to allow one conference to have half the CFP participants...I don't care what they are ranked!

I have said all along...with the 4 team CFP, not more than one per conference...if we go to eight, not more than two...if we're going to 12, still no more than three from any one conference. More than that diminishes the nationwide interest!

Keep giving in to everything the SEC wants, and they will kill the goose that lays the golden egg!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic