Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The really disheartening thing is normally when coaches leave
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

The really disheartening thing is normally when coaches leave

Dec 5, 2021, 9:05 AM

programs can upgrade that position. Brent is the best DC in the country, so the next hire will be a downgrade.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The really disheartening thing is normally when coaches leave

Dec 5, 2021, 9:07 AM

Clemson has historically had really good defenses even before BV. This will continue to be the case. Maybe not quite as good but still very good.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2021, 9:14 AM

NOT SO FAST!!! BV is a really good DC but do you truly believe the we are not all replaceable? The game existed before he got here and it will continue when he is gone. Great programs and leaders build up the next great leaders (just look at what Bama did last night) I hope he stays for selfish reasons Clemson will be just fine. GO Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2021, 9:24 AM

Clemson has very,very good defensive players and the next coach will have plenty to work with as the transition to anew coordinator evolves. The sky is not falling. I have faith that coach Swinney will handle this in a first class professional way ad the Tigers will remain a top tier team. I expect that there is a defensive guy out there who can’t wait to join a program like Clemson. Some new blood could easily be just what my team needs.

Dec 5, 2021, 9:19 AM

Yeah, history means nothing unfortunately. We can get a good coordinator to play winning d. But as I've posted all week, CBV is the gold standard... But the reason OU wanted him, is he's a master recruiter. Just like Kirby found one to bring in the Jimmy and Joes, we've lost our two best in Scott and what now appears to be CBV.

It won't rear it's head for a couple years because we have guys here. Our schedule permits us to out talent our opponents. But CBV has been pulling in the Jimmy and Joes on both sides. But Brent also knows how to get them to chew nails to perform winning FB.

We have to get this right. As good as Dabo is. He can't do it alone. Like Bama last night. Their 2 best players were transfers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2021, 9:29 AM

I agree with you, but I would say Dabo is the only coach in the country who is near a Nick Saban level. So I trust Dabo will find a solid replacement like Saban has time and time again. Also yes, need to look into that transfer portal big time.

Dec 5, 2021, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: The really disheartening thing is normally when coaches leave ]

I believe BV is the best DC in the country and a great recruiter. But I believe Dabo is the best recruiter in the country because of who he is. His personality, genuineness, and positivity is why. Clemson recruits will be fine.

Dec 5, 2021, 9:36 AM

Oops … Clemson recruiting will be fine.

Dec 5, 2021, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: The really disheartening thing is normally when coaches leave ]

Obviously if I had my druthers, Brent would retire from Clemson at the ripe old age of 80, but we’ve got $2.2 million allocated to the role and the defensive side is stacked to the rafters. I believe Brent is the best in the business, but bet we easily land can another skilled DC. Just need to make sure they fit into the program ( which is why AD job possibly opening up now sucks).

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’ve been steadily downgrading our coaching staff

Dec 5, 2021, 9:37 AM

Look what we did to Brent’s defense this year.

I don’t blame him for getting out before the wheels come off completely and we can’t recruit anymore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We’ve been steadily downgrading our coaching staff

Dec 5, 2021, 9:40 AM

You have to be joking. We will be fine. If there is one thing coach Swinney always has is a plan for going forward. Its not like Venables and Elliot haven't been involved in coaching searches before. Coach has a plan. Its amazing to me that people forget that and lose their heads over it

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We’ve been steadily downgrading our coaching staff

Dec 5, 2021, 9:43 AM [ in reply to We’ve been steadily downgrading our coaching staff ]

Before the wheels come off? Haha if this is sarcasm I apologize for missing it but if not we were literally mediocre qb play away from the playoff again lol and that’s with all the injuries this team went through

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic