Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The narrative all year has been that this Clemson D-Line may
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

The narrative all year has been that this Clemson D-Line may

Sep 24, 2022, 6:56 PM

be the best in history. Sorry, I just don't see it. For one, they can't stay healthy, and two, the Power Rangers were disruptive of the pocket on just about every play. Our current guys get locked up in double teams, and rarely exert that kind of pressure on the QB. Not knocking anyone in particular, I just think as a group, they have not lived up to that hype for whatever reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The narrative all year has been that this Clemson D-Line may

Sep 24, 2022, 6:59 PM

It seems they only know how to bull rush. Wes needs to call a few stunts and mix up the blitz more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2022, 7:01 PM

Agree their NFL Stock going down. Millions being lost

Wilkins and Lawrence are captains of their NFL teams

Sep 24, 2022, 7:02 PM

No comparisons are applicable with current line …

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2022, 7:37 PM

The injury criticism is fair, but that said, we have yet to see all 4 that are supposed to be this line. Let’s see how we look in October and November.

I also think there is some versatility to this line we have yet to explore. I would like to see a Bresee play some DE. He is a monster wherever he plays, but he is much bigger than KJ or XT. A line of BB, RO, TD and MM would be particularly interesting to me.

Sep 24, 2022, 7:44 PM

It could be argued that this is more of a reflection on those creating the hype than the players.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Sep 24, 2022, 7:44 PM

It seems like defense 101 that if you are weak in the secondary you do everything you can to pressure the QB. Unfortunately we seem to be doing the opposite and just letting them stand back there all day.

Sep 24, 2022, 7:50 PM

You have to make a choice between bringing pressure and helping the DBs. We tried bringing pressure and it didn’t work. Then when we helped the DBs Wake had more success running the ball. I’d rather give up a few rushing yards than long passes or PI calls that carry an automatic first down.

There was a ton of pressure.

Sep 24, 2022, 7:51 PM

You come after Harman on every play and they score 70 with that mesh offense. We rushed four most of the day and did a pretty descent job.
I’d like to have seen more penetration, but there was more to it than the way we played. Give WF some credit. They are a top 12-14 team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic