Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Heisman question led me to google
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,000

The Heisman question led me to google

Dec 9, 2022, 9:25 PM

and a couple other questions:

1) Why is the award for the top player in college football named after a coach who would have never won it as a player?
2) How many here knew that Heisman also coached baseball at Clemson, or that he coached football, basketball AND baseball at GT?

He actually had a .814 win percentage in 3 seasons as baseball coach…not far off of his .833 record over 4 seasons in football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe that I'm replying to this...

Dec 9, 2022, 9:30 PM

1. Heisman revolutionized the game. Thays why the trophy from NYC is named after him.

2. There is a road on campus named after him. If you don't know that he coached at Clemson, then you don't know Clemson football history!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, why the hostility

Dec 9, 2022, 9:54 PM

I wasn’t insulting Heisman, only observing that most major awards are named for people who would have received the awards themselves, and I have always known that Heisman coached FOOTBALL at Clemson, but never realized until tonight that he ALSO coached baseball here (hence the use of the word ALSO in the question). And no, I am admittedly not very knowledgeable about Clemson baseball history…especially about seasons that were more than 100 years ago and nearly 70 years before I was born.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't believe that I'm replying to this...

Dec 10, 2022, 12:41 AM [ in reply to I can't believe that I'm replying to this... ]

Reading comprehension is a dying skill.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird that Heisman coached at 4 FBS level schools -

Dec 10, 2022, 1:40 AM

Auburn, Clemson, Georgia Tech, and Rice and since then only Auburn has ever had a Heisman winner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,000
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic