Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The fact OU waited til Sunday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 101

The fact OU waited til Sunday

Dec 5, 2021, 8:46 AM

Tells me they waited on Lanning and Fickle yesterday, cause they couldn't talk to them til after the games. They both probably turned it down and now back to humping Venables leg. BV could've agreed all week long, being a 3rd option and pissed on in his first tenure there, I'd have a hard time making that deal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The fact OU waited til Sunday

Dec 5, 2021, 8:47 AM

He should’ve told them last week that it’s now or never. Going on the recruiting trail talking to recruits then leaving just sucks

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2021, 8:55 AM

Yeah I don't like that part either. If he had intentions on leaving it should've been done with earlier in the week. It is what it is, but it surely sucks.

Dec 5, 2021, 8:48 AM

Fickle, yes. Lanning did not perform great yesterday and wanted to wait see how he did before reaching out to him. Might have decided to move on BV as the second option.

If he ever wants to he a HC, he'll never have a better

Dec 5, 2021, 9:20 AM

opportunity. He's 50 yrs old, and he's never been a HC. He has friends and connections in Oklahoma. Football is king there; rich tradition, great fan base. Plus, he'll make a lot more money. So what if he wasn't 1st choice, this is a no brainer if he wants to be a head coach.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: If he ever wants to he a HC, he'll never have a better

Dec 5, 2021, 9:27 AM

I was told last week that money wasn’t a motivator for him and his wife “liked our area”. We all good

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay.

Dec 5, 2021, 9:58 AM

I think what that means is that BV wouldn't move for money alone - that other things like family and friends and home and job satisfaction and location and such are important too. Thing is, here BV could have all of that as well as significantly more money. Clemson is indeed a very special place, a great place to live and raise a family and grow old. It's not the only place., Plus, in OK BV will have a chance to be HC, which is something apparently he really wants. That's understandable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 6
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic