Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC Survived The Last Conference Alignment & will again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

The ACC Survived The Last Conference Alignment & will again

Jul 27, 2021, 4:09 PM

The 2036 GOR for the ACC will be a blessing in disguise. It keeps the league from making knee-jerk responses to a very fluid situation.

The last time, Swofford made the ACC a stronger league by poaching the Big East.

Nothing is going to change for the next few years due to the current commitments. Clemson and the ACC has time to make calculated decisions.

Texas will screw up the SEC. History clearly shows that any conference Texas is a member of imploded and once the get settled in will destroy that league.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Texas will screw up the SEC ?

Jul 27, 2021, 4:17 PM

How's that going to happen ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's what they do.....

Jul 27, 2021, 4:22 PM

If you have to ask that question then you will never get it.

You didn't answer him whatsoever.

Jul 27, 2021, 4:40 PM

What they DO is generate an absolutely stupid amount of money from their huge and filthy rich fanbase. Yeah, their team sucks but they'll still be middle of the pack SEC, and their brand is so big and has so much money associated with it that almost doesn't matter.

Oklahoma increases chances of multiple playoff teams and therefore championships, Texas is just...money. Great move by the SEC.

They will get into a power struggle

Jul 27, 2021, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas will screw up the SEC ? ]

And they have burned every bridge they ever met, so there will be no opportunity to take their ball and go home when they realize they will never be in control of the SEC.

Well, Texas is 78 wins and 60 losses over the last 10 years.

Jul 27, 2021, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas will screw up the SEC ? ]

Texas also had 4 losing seasons within those same 10 years. They are the UGA of the Big 12.

Re: The ACC Survived The Last Conference Alignment & will again

Jul 27, 2021, 4:55 PM

I too hope cooler heads prevail. The ACC is not dying, and all the good teams are not going to jump ship.
As Huggy Bear on Starsky and Hutch says, "I lay it out for y'all to play it out."

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jul 27, 2021, 5:00 PM

I think TX has probably learned from their past mistakes...not that they were really mistakes bc they still made money hand over fist. I don't think they have any illusions they can walk into the SEC and throw their weight around. They know who daddy is.
That GOR means nothing. Sure if someone leaves they'll have to pony up some cash but MD showed that's also negotiable.
IMO opinion the ACC is in trouble long term unless it can pull off something big. Only adding ND is not gonna cut it....someone else notable has to come along and i don't know if that's possible. The ACC in its current iteration will not survive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Money Solved The Problem The Coots Would Own us

Jul 27, 2021, 5:11 PM

All of the bottom feeders of the SEC has had a financial advantage over Clemson for some time and it hasn't helped them.

Texas has more money than they know what to do with. Once the honeymoon is over and they get integrated in the SEC they will stirring the pot.

Re: If Money Solved The Problem The Coots Would Own us

Jul 27, 2021, 5:47 PM

Maybe. The coots have had terrible leadership and that's why they've gone nowhere from Spurrier. That and cola is a SH.

Jul 27, 2021, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACC Survived The Last Conference Alignment & will again ]

Texass won games in the Big 12 bc, minus Oklahoma, the average recruiting class in the past 4 years for the rest of those team has been like 40th or higher. Take the 2nd/3d best team in the ACC, and they could win that conference without Texass and Oklahoma....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2021, 6:18 PM

Nobody is arguing that TX is currently any good but they are one of the cfb blue bloods and their brand is awful strong. They also have a massive alumni base which means a lot.

Jul 27, 2021, 5:08 PM

Wishful thinking. This is a totally situation from last time. When the 12 team playoff begins Clemson will not be in the ACC as we know it.

Agreed. This is definitely different.***

Jul 27, 2021, 5:51 PM

Jul 27, 2021, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACC Survived The Last Conference Alignment & will again ]

I know, it will be worst than it's ever been, LMAO!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2021, 5:52 PM

I'm just wondering if the sec will try to make Texas get rid of their longhorn network or let them keep it.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic