Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC has to ally with the B1G...it's our only move, now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

The ACC has to ally with the B1G...it's our only move, now

Jul 23, 2021, 12:25 PM

Like it or not, superconference consolidation is here. Thanks Texas and Oklahoma. Thanks, SEC. And thanks, NIL. I'm sure that drove a bunch of that thinking.

That means the ACC is going to have to join up with the Big 10 in some form or fashion - probably some form of joint conference, at least as far as TV rights and scheduling goes - or we're both going to get leveraged right off the pot by this new Super-SEC.

Gosh. Thanks, fellas.

How that works is going to be interesting, but it's assuredly going to be unwieldy.

What's left of the Big 12 is almost going to have to do the same with the Pac-12. Still don't know how much value is left in that combination. How'd you like to be West Virginia right now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% agree....tack on the NIL to SEC/ESPN..........

Jul 23, 2021, 12:28 PM

you'll have ESPN throwing cash at the SEC players pushing their Brand and the players' brand............nobody else can or will be able to compete with that.

Re: The ACC has to ally with the B1G...it's our only move, now

Jul 23, 2021, 12:28 PM

You're right. I think this begins the end of the ACC. It just isn't as strong as the Big 10 is and we need them.

Going to be tough with the TV contracts though, but i bet something could be arranged.

I agree, its the only way to rival the SEC super conference***

Jul 23, 2021, 12:40 PM

Re: The ACC has to ally with the B1G...it's our only move, now

Jul 23, 2021, 12:42 PM

I don't care about WV, and I wouldn't want to see them in the ACC. Why can't we go after Penn St, and OSU, like someone said I think yesterday, Penn St, and OSU would align with the ACC territory/TV market as well as BC, or Cuse!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic