Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
talent level/grit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 756

talent level/grit

Sep 20, 2021, 9:20 AM

So many issues with offense but after watching NFL games yesterday with former Tigers I just don't see our talent level at the level where it was. Not just the talent but the heart, fight.

I mean maybe from a recruiting stand-point the stars are the same but so far many of the players are not.
QB: DJ will never by DW or TL but just hope it can get closer to where we all believe he can
RB: Shipley has chance to be special but not Travis yet and the toughest of WG and his blocking in passing game was special
WRs: This to me is where it is such a letdown. Watching just Mike Williams and Renfrow yesterday showed my what we have lost. It is not just the skills but the heart they play with. MW just wants the ball, just like in did in 2016 NCG. Ray Ray was great on punt returns. Amari and Artavis played angry. Artavis was going to fight you to tackle him. Even Leggett became a huge weapon. Deon Cain had his ups and downs but in the end he had that speed and enough shiftiness to turn things into big plays (2016 NCG he was the spark). I could go on. (no to mention days of Sammie, Nuke, Jaron etc)
Nagata, Ladson have potential but I just don't see that fight in them. Really shows up in the blocking. Ross, I give him a break after what he has been through, but he is not back. The effort on the UGA pick six is example of the lack of fight I talking about.
OL: same story different year

I understand they are young and all that but it is the lack of fight that concurs me most. Did we just recruit the wrong guys who don't have some of the intangibles some of our guys had in the past? Who are the a$$ kickers on offense? Who are our leaders who play with heart?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: talent level/grit

Sep 20, 2021, 9:24 AM

The effort on the pick 6?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2021, 9:42 AM

Yes, sure the pass was a little behind him but look at the film. He does not aggressively reach for the ball. He has his hands down by his hips. WRs on those patterns are should shield the DB to try and keep them from coming over or around, almost like a box-out in basketball ball. Then we it is picked Ross just throws up his hands and makes no attempt to run after him. Thank goodness Jayron Kearse did not do that in 2014 against Louisville when the ran down the UL guy at like the 5 and saved the game with the goal line stand.

I have seen very little heart from this WR group. Just watch film on them blocking.

Sep 20, 2021, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: talent level/grit ]

i think he is referring to the coaches blaming ross for the pick 6 in the Georgia game, they said Ross didnt run his correct route, had he, there wouldnt have been the pick 6..

Sep 20, 2021, 9:56 AM

Lackluster play of 4 and 5 star recruits is on the head and offensive COACHES. They seem to be going into games unprepared and without purpose which, again, falls on the COACHES. At the same time BV is doing his usual, masterful job with the defense which exposes the offensive woes even more. Makes me want to puke!!

Replies: 4
| visibility 756
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic