GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Takin­g a break from World events
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 8  

Takin­g a break from World events

[3]
May 25, 2022, 4:54 PM

Switching off and getting away from all things in the World not Clemson or fun.

I dug out an old 2 hour video I have of 'Mad Dogs & Englishmen' to watch on the porch as the rain falls.

Maybe the big deal with Joe Cocker is one did not need to perfect or even special to appreciate him.
I mean, look at him. His voice is not that much. His on stage dancing is kinda retarded.
No matter, the guy has a gift.

Most of his best known singles were covers of songs by other artists. He did not actually "cover", he just did the best he could with them and it was "different".

JC traveled with a bunch of hippies who could see he was a good guy. As a plus they are also excellent musicians and singers. It is almost a traveling church where the band members kinda worship Joe.
Nothing fancy is going on, if you have on shoes, no need to take them off before you enter. Joe aint got as much as many, but he gives you all he has.

I believe him to one of the few unique music artists.

Here he is with two great Americans artists --> Leon Russell and Rita Coolidge in the group. It goes without saying that a live Rock performance must be played "too loud".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZNbdgio5j8

2022 orange level member flag link

"Is there a way to block posters? This guy is weird and his posts are sort of stupid."

Re: Takin­g a break from World events

[2]
May 25, 2022, 5:05 PM

when I first saw Woodstock years ago I wondered if he had some physical impairment but he was always a favorite and got as much out of that voice as he could have. I always hoped if I ever met him I would have a spare throat lozenge to offer him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link

[4]
May 25, 2022, 5:06 PM

Making your way in the world today
Takes everything you've got
Taking a break from all the worries
Sure would help a lot, wouldn't you like to get away?

Our troubles are all the same.

Be glad there's Tnet in the world. Where everybody knows your name, and we're always glad you came. You want to go Clemson where people know what's real. People are all the same
You want to go where everybody knows your name.

everybody knows your name

[3]
May 25, 2022, 5:21 PM

Excellent post, made my day better.

"Is there a way to block posters? This guy is weird and his posts are sort of stupid."

Leon Russell was just Too Cool for School. I always much

[2]
May 25, 2022, 5:11 PM

preferred his version of "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall" to Bob Dylan's original. Dylan was the great songwriter of a generation, but as a singer, not so much.

https://youtu.be/BxdhzAOzzCE

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: Leon Russell was just Too Cool for School. I always much

[2]
May 25, 2022, 5:23 PM

Saw Dyan once years ago. He was awful and out of it. We would have walked out but G E Smith made the show at least tolerable

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link

Leon Russell

[2]
May 25, 2022, 5:24 PM

Neither were much as to vocals, but Leon is just better in most ways.
Leon was more of a real man of the day, not fake like BD.

Limestone

[1]
May 25, 2022, 8:03 PM

One tune that actually changed my life was --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b04jq7NB1s

May 26, 2022, 5:17 AM

You Are So Beautiful always takes me back to one of my youth loves. Memories that I usually keep to myself.

flag link

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: South stand seats (CLEMSON SIDE) in upper level of lower bowl. Section UG - Row H Seats 22 and 24. ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
800 people have read this post