Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Taisun easily outplayed DJ in the spring game."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

"Taisun easily outplayed DJ in the spring game."

Oct 20, 2021, 5:25 AM

Player A: 20/28-174-1-0

Player B: 14/25-163-1-1

Who was better?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What were the runs?***

Oct 20, 2021, 6:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Taisun easily outplayed DJ in the spring game."

Oct 20, 2021, 6:34 AM

"So why are you telling us"?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because our coaches don’t know what they’re doing.

Oct 20, 2021, 6:50 AM

Dabo is scared of Big Dave who, by the way, is really in charge of the program. TP was a 4 star recruit and our staff is the only staff in the country who doesn’t have a 4 star QB not playing at a high level by his 3rd year. TP completed 70% of his passes during mop up duty against SC State further solidifying the fact that our coaches are incompetent. Shall we continue?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because our coaches don’t know what they’re doing.

Oct 20, 2021, 7:38 AM

A lot of truth to this. We’ve been duped by Big Dave and Dabo is scared of what will happen if he benches DJ after they put all their cards in one basket on him.

Re: Because our coaches don’t know what they’re doing.

Oct 21, 2021, 7:45 AM

You can’t be serious. You think DJ’s dad is running our program? You’re a clown

Big Dave is running our program?***

Oct 20, 2021, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Because our coaches don’t know what they’re doing. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you.

Oct 20, 2021, 6:43 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2021-clemson-football-spring-game-takeaways-d-j-uiagalelei-plays-well-but-qb-depth-stands-out-as-concern/amp/

Re: Thank you.

Oct 20, 2021, 8:14 AM

Do not know what game they were watching, I was there and saw that Taisun out play DJ. DJ did have a good first drive but that was it. The article read that "QB depth stands out as a concern". That was after Taisun went down with a torn a Achilles. That only left Helms and yes with only Helms seeing playing time and without Taisun QB depth is a concern.
I do not get that DJ played excellent in high school (I know there is a difference between high school and college). DJ also played excellent in the two games that he started last year. But why is there a big drop off from last year (QB coach or offence coordinator not adjusting to DJ strengths). What ever the issues are I hope he can get things turned around and become a great player I know he is. But going by this year only, I see that Taisun has outplayed DJ in the games that I saw. I always believe that one way get better is through competition. With Dabo and Elliott saying they will not take DJ out of the game shows that there is no competition.

Go TIGERS
All IN, TILL THE END

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

Re: Thank you.

Oct 20, 2021, 9:19 AM

Go Tigers. That’s what we’re here for. We can respectfully disagree with each other. I think the coaches know what they’re doing and they are playing the best option. Of course they could be wrong but I haven’t seen anything to lead me to believe otherwise. TP did finish that game well but what defensive personnel was he up against in that finish? I know he struggled mightily for a great duration of the game and the so called “fans” on this board were bashing him in a classless way just like they are with DJ and the coaches now. Best of luck to whoever steps on the field either way and if they stink it up I’m not going to down them as long as they give great effort and do their best. That’s all we can ask for. If everybody’s best was good enough we’d all be professional athletes.

Hey, guessing you have first hand knowledge and have been in

Oct 20, 2021, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Thank you. ]

practice. Is Taisun 100%?

Re: Hey, guessing you have first hand knowledge and have been in

Oct 21, 2021, 8:00 AM

Perhaps the miracle turnaround from the Achilles tear isn't exactly the miracle the team portrayed to the media? Perhaps coachspeak at play aimed more at our opponents?

It's been a little sad to see the outpouring of armchair experts on here going after those running our offense on and off the field. We haven't looked great for sure, but giving up trust in the staff and program has shades of 2010's dumper campaign all over it. God forbid we go up to three consecutive years without a national championship. Criminy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2021, 6:53 AM

Agree I was there

Neither of those is very good

Oct 20, 2021, 7:00 AM

A: 6.2 YPA, 8.7 YPC
B: 6.5 YPA, 11.6 YPC, but with an INT

YPA in the 6s is really bad. And DJ during this season is actually even lower than that at 5.6 which is horrific and would generally get a QB benched.

Without rewatching the game, B appears to be getting the ball down the field more. Either that or somebody broke one of his short passes or a big gain.

Re: Neither of those is very good

Oct 20, 2021, 8:20 AM

You're very kind in that. It's actually 101st out of 105 QBs with enough passes. It should always get a QB benched.

Oct 20, 2021, 7:13 AM

If DJ struggles early in this his 8th start need to see Phomo as will need 28 points to win

Oct 20, 2021, 8:36 AM

I don't see why they don't let TP play a couple a series to change things up
and see how things go. It is worth a shot.

Oct 20, 2021, 9:29 AM

Please don't use stats from a scrimmage. TP is not a championship level QB. DJ has not played like one either but the talent gap between the 2 is huge. I agree that he should be given a series once a game.

lol. u talkin bout practice.. practice. not a game

Oct 20, 2021, 9:34 AM

practice

you talkin bout practice?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 20, 2021, 9:44 AM

I was also at the Spring Game. DJ had the good first drive and then fell off. Taisun came in and wasn’t great at first, but settled in and looked just as good, if not better. He’s got talent and arm. Helms looked decent too. None of these quarterbacks made me feel like he was ready to take the reigns and be the definite leader.

It’s a spring game, and we see flashes and potential of players. Based on what’s happened so far this season, there’s no reason they can’t put Taisun and Helms in for some plays to see what happens. Let DJ sit back, take a minute, and observe. What’s to lose at this point? The coaches are so adamant against this and it’s really puzzling.

Oct 20, 2021, 9:55 AM

Unfortunately, is a lose/lose situation for me. I have screamed since the GT game to give TP a chance. Now, going against Pitt (a team that can put points on the board), the only way I see Dabo putting in TP is if we are losing by a unattainable margin. Feel really bad for our defense and all their efforts - unfortunately, its not reasonable expectations for them to continue to dominate like they have (basically have saved us in all games this season - if not for horrible offense and playcalling against NC State at the end, should have pulled the W there as well. Start DJ - he deserves it. However, doesn't TP also deserve a real shot will the years of hard work he has put in?? If not, headlines will be coming "Clemson QB to Transfer Portal"

Because dividing our stellar WR corps and OL

Oct 20, 2021, 11:45 AM

In half is the perfect way to tell which qb standing behind what are obvious inadequacies is the best way to determine who our best qb is? The spring game is a joke of a measurement. Long past overdue is the ability to schedule real spring games against outside competition to figure out where you really stand.

Re: Because dividing our stellar WR corps and OL

Oct 21, 2021, 12:20 AM

Spring game played for the players and coaches as much as it is for the fans. Coaches evaluate performance and put players in certain situations to see how they handle them. Watching players in action against other Division 1 athletes give any Observer at least a decent idea of what the player is capable of.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2021, 7:12 AM

I am skeptical. Dabo has not hesitated to put the best QB on the field in the past. Remember Kelly Bryant? Remember Hunter Johnson who probably thought he was the next man up?

Oct 21, 2021, 8:25 AM

Taisun has been awful in every live game appearance that he's made. Hunter Helms outplayed him against GT last year in that massacre.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic