Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
T-Net:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 101

T-Net:

Dec 3, 2021, 4:37 PM

Why is our recruiting class so small? Why aren’t we recruiting a larger class?

Also T-Net:
OMG!!!!!! WE LOST ANOTHER PLAYER TO THE PORTAL!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, water is wet***

Dec 3, 2021, 4:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: T-Net: How do you have 15 plus leave who arent seniors

Dec 3, 2021, 4:41 PM

and still only sign 20ish. HTH

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be a full time job to keep

Dec 3, 2021, 4:50 PM

up with the number of portal jumpers across the entire country. It ain’t just us.

More and more, depth will disappear without using the portal, evidently for programs like Alabama, Clemson and OSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: T-Net: How do you have 15 plus leave who arent seniors

Dec 3, 2021, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: T-Net: How do you have 15 plus leave who arent seniors ]

I don't keep track of specific scholarship numbers because I choose to trust that the second-best active coach in college football (at least) knows what he is doing. This is a general answer. There have been no restrictions on total scholarships for 2 years now because of special covid eligibility rules. It goes back to 85 next year. The entire college football system is flooded with a minimum of 40% more eligible players than at any previous time since the 85 scholarship limit was put in place. Hence the dramatic and apparently vexing use of the "PORTAL." Things should ease up in the next cycle or two. Somehow fate caused Clemson to have the most freshman and sophomore on it's 2 deep since 2015 (and I didn't look back further) at a time when other programs were stacked with upperclassmen and seniors. We are and will continue to be fine. I will point out this number - 123 - that is the number of players he have signed that would have had eligibility to play this season. That has left room for plenty of attrition. Unfortunately, a lot of really good players also left Clemson for the NFL while a lot of tweeners stuck around at other programs and essentially became 5 star recruits by sticking around for a 5th and 6th season. We obviously had a couple of our own but not as many as others. It is not a coincidence that this college football season is so topsy turvy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the TU.

Dec 3, 2021, 10:06 PM

One back to you.

Replies: 5
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic