Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
starting 5 options in bkball next season...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

starting 5 options in bkball next season...

May 11, 2021, 9:33 PM

A lot of options now after the transfer addition today. We can either go with a decently big line up with Hall, Tyson, and Bohannon, on the frontcourt, and have Collins and Dawes at the guards

or

a small quicker line-up with Dawes, Honor, and Collins or Hemenway and Hall or Bohannon in the middle. Bohannon not a true center is physical enough to play some there when needed.

Really like the options.

Still hope to finish the roster with another big which Middlebrook would have offered if he didn't reclassify for next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: starting 5 options in bkball next season...

May 11, 2021, 9:40 PM

we got a guy last year who reclassified, Kidd. And we didnt do squat with him. And he didnt make an impact. Not bashing the kid just makes me think coming early isnt the best thing. Didnt work out well with AJ Oliver either. Its a big jump and rushing it isnt always the best way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2021, 9:42 PM

true. Think Kidd will get plenty of minutes of bench this season. Also like have Chase Hunter off the bench but don't have to rely on him to score.

May 11, 2021, 9:46 PM

Hard to develop from the bench - and BB seems to not play bigs in lineup - thus no development.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Due to Covid he's still technically a freshman

May 12, 2021, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: starting 5 options in bkball next season... ]

though. He was an athletic, developmental kid coming in. 5th on the big man depth chart so not many minutes there. This year, he and Hall are the only real bigs. Everyone else 6'8 or less, with Tyson being a stretch 4, not a post up guy. He'll get his minutes behind Hall this year. Scheifflen is likely the developmental guy this year with Bohanon now in the fold

Re: Due to Covid he's still technically a freshman

May 12, 2021, 7:25 AM

Just reminds me how the Omax departure was strange. He stood to get much more pt this year

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Collins is better

May 12, 2021, 8:43 PM

for this year at least

May 12, 2021, 8:19 AM

I think you are spot on with the lineup. I think the starting lineup will be

PG: Dawes
SG: Collins
SF: Tyson
PF: Bohanan
C: Hall

And then we have very good back ups at PG, SG, and C in Honor, Hemenway, and Kidd (hopefully very good)

Bohanan gives us a lot of flexibility since he is a banger that can get rebounds.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2021, 9:25 AM

I think Bohannon comes in and makes a big impact. I think his physicality is something the other players will feed off of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2021, 9:28 AM

Its going to be a looooooonnnnnnngggggggg season next year.

May 12, 2021, 9:36 AM

Don’t spoil it for these guys. On one hand the ACC is still the best, by far, conference in college basketball. On the other, playing for South Florida and Youngstown State is exactly the same as playing in the ACC. So we’ve upgraded every position and will have our best team ever next year. Also our depth last year was a huge attribute that contributed to being the best team in Clemson history. But it was also a detriment that will be remedied by our lack of depth next year - making it the new best team ever. Pointless arguing with 2 digit IQs so may as well join them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

May 12, 2021, 10:46 AM

LMAO I haven’t heard anybody say any of these things. You seriously need help.

People have said that they believe Collins is an upgrade over Newman. Newman averaged 3.7 ppg last year. I will bet all the money I have that Collins will outperform that. Let’s make a bet!

May 12, 2021, 11:48 AM

It was certainly argued the last year was the best team ever and you specifically have said that we have “upgraded”. (your exact ####### word) every position going into next year. Ergo, next year must be one of the best teams ever. You /JK/JStone/FutureDoc have argued such things as we’d be better without Simms because the rest of the team wasn’t challenged, that Collins is an improvement over Trapp, that anyone Brownell deemed worthy would be an improvement over OMax, that our depth and rotation was a negative because the starters didn’t always stay in a rhythm. They should sound stupid because they are stupid. But when you flail desperately to prop up a coach over a program that what you get. Since you simpletons won’t give up the fight I’ve decided I’m all in. Best coach + best team = best year ever. Amazing it took less than a few hours for you to back pedal on your support. Why can’t you just get behind this team. Fans like you are why Brad hasn’t won more. Now direct a homophobic, racist, or misogynistic slur towards yourself - I’m not willing to go down that path with you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

May 12, 2021, 1:06 PM

There you go making stuff up and then arguing with yourself again! Get on some meds, bud. And normally when people start accusing of racism, homophobia, etc in an argument, it means they have lost. There is nothing homophobic about
J!zz you psychopath.

1. I never said we are upgrading at every position.
2. I never said that last years team was the best ever.
3. I never said we would be better without Simms
4. I did say that the depth we had last year could have caused some people to not get in a Rhythm. I never stated it as fact. I wish brownell did a little better job with his rotations last year. That’s all it was. You should agree with that since you hate everything he does.
5. I never said anybody that brownell seems worthy would be an upgrade over O-Max. I was pretty pissed that we lost o-max. But if you look back at his contribution last year, it wasn’t much at all. Do you think he contributed mightily last year?
6. I haven’t backed off my support of brownell because I’m not an emotional dramatic brat like you are.

I hope that cleared some things up for you, jizzwiz.

May 12, 2021, 1:13 PM

I never said you said all those things. In total all those things have been said by a handful of accounts which I listed in the post you are responding too. So, you're apparently less enthusiastic about the team than JK but you have argued that we've improved at 4 of 5 positions. JK covered why less is more with the loss of Simms. So why can't you just be positive about this team. It's amazing how quickly you want to abandon Brownell just because of your hatred of me.

When exactly did I say less is more with the loss of Simms?

May 12, 2021, 1:21 PM

I'll tell you what I think about losing Simms. We are losing a guy who was a senior leader, a voice of maturity, and a guy the other players looked up to. Brad will be counting on several veterans to take that step in leadership. My guess is that Dawes will be one of them. Tyson probably will be as well.

We all know that Simms led our team last year in points, rebounds, and assists. On paper, that's a lot of production to replace. He was extremely versatile. He made some great clutch plays for us at times. But I don't view him as irreplaceable. We probably won't have one player next year do everything he did, but several guys will take that next step in their development and be able to compensate for his absence.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: When exactly did I say less is more with the loss of Simms?

May 12, 2021, 1:27 PM

It is quite literally quoted from you below. Enjoy. Et tu, JK? I join the Brad Brownell hype train and you're ready to jump off?

Except that's not what I said.

May 12, 2021, 1:39 PM

In an earlier post in this thread, you said:

"JK covered why less is more when it comes to Simms." -viztiz

Unfortunately, that is not "quite literally" what I said in the post you linked. Rather, I said:

Sometimes teams improve when a do-everything player departs. Let’s see how the new leaders such as Dawes, Honor, and Tyson perform with increased roles. Let’s see how young guys like PJ Hall and Lynn Kidd do with more minutes. That’s where coaching and player development come in, and I believe in our coaching staff to figure it out. -Judge Keller

You misstated what I said, and you know it. Do better.

Losing Simms is a big loss, both from a statistical perspective as well as a leadership point of view. However, as was my point in one of the posts you linked, his loss was anticipated and Brownell has planned accordingly. I like our returning roster and believe that they will step up in a big way. That's what I think will happen, but I can't guarantee that it will.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Except that's not what I said.

May 12, 2021, 2:05 PM

The term literally was referencing that I had already, actually, or “literally” posted the exact quote I was referencing. I didn’t say those were your literal exact words. I was clearly paraphrasing. I don’t understand why you are walking back your enthusiasm. I have questioned how we are better without Simms. That was your answer. The other dude explicitly mapped out how we are better at every other position on the floor. Put together, I am to believe we will be markedly better than the team you labeled best ever. So exactly what isn’t true about that now? Stop arguing semantics with me and tell where exactly we’re moving backwards since I am under the impression that your cabal believes that we aren’t, anywhere. Do better yourself. Sad to see you already hedging on expectations for next year when you have spent years now telling us we are not only moving forward as a program but that it should be obvious to everyone. Now you seem to be faltering. You’ve gone from “believing” in our staff to “thinking... but not guaranteeing.”

It's great to have you on the bandwagon.

May 12, 2021, 2:38 PM

I think you'll find that supporting the players and coaches and focusing on the many positives regarding our program make for a much more enjoyable experience.

Re: It's great to have you on the bandwagon.

May 12, 2021, 3:03 PM

May 12, 2021, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: starting 5 options in bkball next season... ]

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/message/re-lets-be-clear-about-brownell-28909948

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/message/its-pretty-simple-really-28909844

"Sometimes teams improve when a do-everything player departs. Let’s see how the new leaders such as Dawes, Honor, and Tyson perform with increased roles. Let’s see how young guys like PJ Hall and Lynn Kidd do with more minutes. That’s where coaching and player development come in, and I believe in our coaching staff to figure it out."

"PG - it should be an upgrade. We have honor and Dawes both returning and they should both be better with another year under their belt.

SG - we lost Trapp and Newman. Trapp was inept offensively and Newman barely played. Hemenway should take a step forward and I would take Collins over both trap and Newman.

SF - We usually started 3 guards this year. So Collins could play SF with Hemenway at SG. We could also play a larger lineup with Tyson at SF. whether it’s Collins or Tyson at SF, I think it’s an upgrade.

C - we didn’t get much production out of baehre this year. I expect hall to step up And I think he will be an upgrade."

Between you and JK I've been given every reason to believe this team will be better at every position next year. Why are you turning negative now. Which of our 21-22 team do you want to throw under the bus like you have Trapp and others. Why can't you just support the team. It's fans like you that are the problem. If only you guys would support what Brad is doing.

May 12, 2021, 1:21 PM

viztiz® said:

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/message/re-lets-be-clear-about-brownell-28909948

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/message/its-pretty-simple-really-28909844

"Sometimes teams improve when a do-everything player departs. Let’s see how the new leaders such as Dawes, Honor, and Tyson perform with increased roles. Let’s see how young guys like PJ Hall and Lynn Kidd do with more minutes. That’s where coaching and player development come in, and I believe in our coaching staff to figure it out."

"PG - it should be an upgrade. We have honor and Dawes both returning and they should both be better with another year under their belt.

SG - we lost Trapp and Newman. Trapp was inept offensively and Newman barely played. Hemenway should take a step forward and I would take Collins over both trap and Newman.

SF - We usually started 3 guards this year. So Collins could play SF with Hemenway at SG. We could also play a larger lineup with Tyson at SF. whether it’s Collins or Tyson at SF, I think it’s an upgrade.

C - we didn’t get much production out of baehre this year. I expect hall to step up And I think he will be an upgrade."

Between you and JK I've been given every reason to believe this team will be better at every position next year. Why are you turning negative now. Which of our 21-22 team do you want to throw under the bus like you have Trapp and others. Why can't you just support the team. It's fans like you that are the problem. If only you guys would support what Brad is doing.

Weird, I don’t see the PF position listed there. Do you think a team plays only 4 players on the court at the same time? And I’m not JK no matter how bad you want me to be. You do make things up and then argue with said made up statements so it’s not surprising that you are a conspiracy but too.

Also in your judge excerpt shown below. He said SOMETIMES a team with a do everything player leaves, the team improves. Let’s see what our other players can do.

He didn’t say, “ such things as we’d be better without Simms because the rest of the team wasn’t challenged”

Nice try jizzwizz

May 12, 2021, 1:35 PM

Why are you trying so hard to be so negative about this team? I truly see what Brownell has to deal with now. I explicitly explained that I was basing my comments on multiple posts from you AND others. Continuing to ignore that and posit questions based on something that wasn't actually said (i.e "Weird, I don’t see the PF position listed there. Do you think a team plays only 4 players on the court at the same time?") is a form of logical fallacy, often called a straw man argument, and indicates that you are not interested in serious discourse. And while JK was courteous in regard to Simms contributions to this team he ends his assessment with the positive, forward looking "That’s where coaching and player development come in, and I believe in our coaching staff to figure it out" so I've have been lead to believe that we will be an improved squad over last year. If I am misinterpreting this please inform me of what deficiencies you are concerned about? Should I not be expecting a successful season? I thought our program was on the upswing and was experiencing improved recruiting since the new facilities and trip to the Sweet Sixteen.

Our program is on the upswing.

May 12, 2021, 1:48 PM

We have made two of the last three NCAA Tournaments.

We have multiple wins over ranked opponents each of the last few years.

We finished in the top 5 of the ACC this past season.

We signed a top 25 class last year.

This year, we signed two transfers who were coveted by a lot of schools. Both of them emphasized our success in the ACC and our NCAA Tournament appearances in recent years.

We obviously have more to improve upon, but it's clear to all but the most negative of "fans" that we have a lot to be encouraged by.

Re: Our program is on the upswing.

May 12, 2021, 2:08 PM

So we should see continued improvement next year!?! If so, great. We’re back on the same page. It would be a little hard to swallow that dual first round tourney exits were the end of a cycle and we’re going to be rebuilding again. You know, for a team on the upswing.

May 12, 2021, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: starting 5 options in bkball next season... ]

Me proving you wrong is not a straw man argument. You told me that I said that every position would be improved next year. I didn’t say that. You were wrong.

We could and I believe we will be an improved team next year as long as PJ Hall takes a big step forward and our transfers pan out.

May 12, 2021, 2:14 PM

I attributed the statements to multiple posters. I reiterated that. I pointed out “upgrade” was specifically your word. Sorry if something got conflated but this is an internet message board thread not a ####### dissertation. So stop playing grammar police especially when I have explained the distinction in what you keep redundantly arguing.

Do you not feel that we will be as good if not better

May 12, 2021, 2:26 PM

at most positions next year?

Re: Do you not feel that we will be as good if not better

May 12, 2021, 2:54 PM

Um. I do feel better about it. It’s great. We’re on the upswing. We’ve upgraded everyone but Simms but will be better without him. Gonna be a great year. Absotively.

And when nearly every talent position is upgraded....

May 12, 2021, 8:58 PM

next year and we finish with a worse record who is to blame? The players for not panning out? ;)

May 12, 2021, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: starting 5 options in bkball next season... ]

Jizwizz makes BS up and then argues with it. He’s a special kind of stupid

May 12, 2021, 11:38 AM

What with the new homophobic joke? It doesn’t hurt my feelings and just paints you as even stupider than ever. I’ll try Clemson Mountcuckneer is really dumb - hah hah hah.

May 12, 2021, 11:52 AM

What about jizz is gay or homophobic? You are just a gigantic d0uche and I found it funny so I will continue to call you that.

Especially when you make bs up to paint a false picture of what people that support our basketball team are saying

May 12, 2021, 12:12 PM

If you think the word “jizz” is insulting then it’s either misogynistic or homophobic - depending on what you think my gender is. Period. Throw that word around in the work place and see how fast you’re fired for sexual harassment or sent to sensitivity training.

You brought it on yourself that time you said that

May 12, 2021, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: starting 5 options in bkball next season... ]

viztiz stands for vag tickler.

Re: You brought it on yourself that time you said that

May 12, 2021, 1:26 PM

as a straight male I can't say I find anything problematic about that nickname but I would still probably avoid throwing it around in the workplace. btw - I'm excited about our forthcoming Elite 8 or bust season. You've really got me turned around on this Brad Brownell thing.

You didn't take your meds this morning, did you?***

May 12, 2021, 1:49 PM

Re: You didn't take your meds this morning, did you?***

May 12, 2021, 2:16 PM

Nope. Finally decided to start taking them and now I’m only seeing positive. I’m all-in on the BB/JK express. Gonna go ahead book my room for New Orleans 2022.

May 12, 2021, 12:26 PM

The kid that is going to surprise us all very soon is Joshua Beadle in my opinion. He’s going to be a special player for us if he continues to develop like the last few months.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I’m giddy with excitement

May 12, 2021, 10:30 PM

This is gonna be great season next year. As others have stated, the program is on the upswing. I’m expecting at a minimum a NCAA tournament berth and a nice run in the tourney. As far the starting five, with so much talent and versatility it’s tough to nail down a true starting five. My guess is:

Dawes
Hunter
Tyson
Bohannon
Hall

Of course I could be way off though with all the talent to choose from. Gonna be interesting to see how CBB maneuvers all of those toys in the toy box.

no way Chase Hunter starts over David Collins...

May 13, 2021, 10:36 AM

in your lineup. Hunter has got to show he is more of a scoring threat to get many minutes.

Re: no way Chase Hunter starts over David Collins...

May 13, 2021, 10:45 AM

You may be right. Like I said earlier, CBB has so many options to choose from. I’m sure he’ll get the very best out them!

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic