Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stadium noise: NFL vs. College
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Stadium noise: NFL vs. College

Jan 25, 2022, 9:05 AM

https://deathvalleyvoice.com/2022/01/25/joe-burrow-makes-comment-former-nfl-player-finds-controversial/

Saw this being debated on twitter by Chiefs fans and LSU/SEC/NCAA football fans, and was interested in what people thought.

Personally, graduated from Clemson in 2019 and was at almost every game. I'm a season ticket holder for the Buffalo Bills now, and I can say nothing has come close to the noise in DV, even an NFL playoff game. I don't care what stats are pulled out. I've been to big games in both leagues and it's louder in college everytime.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stadium noise: NFL vs. College

Jan 25, 2022, 9:07 AM

Heck, from personal experience, even Georgia Tech games are louder than Falcons games

Well if NFL stadiums aren't even as loud as pretend DV

Jan 25, 2022, 9:09 AM

Then there's no way they come close to the real one.

I've been to a number of NFL games...

Jan 25, 2022, 9:11 AM

in Atlanta, Charlotte, Baltimore, Miami, Dallas, Cleveland, Pittsburg, and Chicago.

None of them came even remotely close to the crowd noise in Death Valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I've been told that Kansas City can be like a college.......

Jan 25, 2022, 9:29 AM

stadium from people I know who have been to games there.

Thanks for posting

Jan 25, 2022, 9:23 AM

Interesting topic.

My personal experience involving the same stadium goes as follows; College crowds are louder than NFL. 2008 I saw both Clemson and the Falcons in the old dome in Atlanta and the atmosphere for The Clemson game was better ( and it was a 50/50 split).

Also, going to an NFL game was eye opening as to how the crowd acts vs college game. At the Falcons vs Giants game I saw multiple fights, many more verbal altercations, and some downright offensive behavior. Not that it doesn’t happen, but I have yet to see a fist fight at a Clemson game and I’ve been to over 100.

I once saw someone slip and fall down the hill after...

Jan 25, 2022, 10:57 AM

stepping in vomit. She basically slipped and fell right into the vomit patch, then slid several feet down the hill with the vomit acting as a lubricant on her pants and jacket. This is when the hill used to be packed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jan 25, 2022, 9:41 AM

One big difference is there are not many children at NFL Playoff games and adults are louder than children. Bottom line is it really doesn't matter.

Jan 25, 2022, 10:44 AM

The Chiefs and the SeaHawks have legit very loud stadiums. They rival the best College Stadium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the noise thing can be overstated at the NFL level...

Jan 25, 2022, 10:54 AM

I dont it matters all that much but in watching the KC game the other night...you can tell that place was rocking! Maybe it affects the Oline or others, but I dont feel the impact will be that great.

Re: the noise thing can be overstated at the NFL level...

Jan 25, 2022, 10:58 AM

That's a good point. Maybe the crowd noise is similar, but college players seem to be effected more by the noise for a number of reasons (younger/less experienced, first time seeing crowds that big). Josh Allen certainly didn't seem to be phased in KC, and I doubt Burrow will be either.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic