Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spreading out offensive sets vs. tightening them up.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Spreading out offensive sets vs. tightening them up.

Oct 27, 2021, 2:02 PM

I've noticed a few suggesting we should run more two tight end sets in close to help support the running game and make things easier for our qb and line.

Mark Schlereth on Cowherd just made the point that it's harder to determine where the rush and/or blitz is coming from when the defense is able to move in tight like that. Corner and safety blitzes get easier to disguise. With a spread out offense, it's easier with a young and inexperienced quarterback(and a young offensive line) to figure it out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spreading out offensive sets vs. tightening them up.

Oct 27, 2021, 2:04 PM

Are you referring to the high school coach giving suggestions to the Clemson staff in the recent article from the State paper?

I agree with Schlereth. You can't close the box at a complex level of football and expect it to help the offense. The athletes are too fast and too versatile on defense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spreading out offensive sets vs. tightening them up.

Oct 27, 2021, 2:12 PM

Our passing game can't spread a defense out and force them to defend all areas of the field like we used to. We miss the synergy that creates.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic