Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorry but I can't stand what is going on.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Sorry but I can't stand what is going on.....

Jul 1, 2022, 7:54 PM

.....just for the almighty dollar. Eventually everything hits a ceiling and when we do in this sport we all will turn around and realize we have burnt down everything that college football was built on. Even though John Swofford has almost single handily brought down the stature of this conference while he was the Commish it will still be a sad sad day if and/or when the ACC dissolves. I was brought up on the Jefferson Pilot days of ACC football and it just seems they have went from that to maybe making college football unwatchable too me within the next decade. The are going to ruin what is the regionalized feel of college football where you feel like for 365 days out of the year you have skin in the game. Burning down century old rivalry's means nothing. Trust me, I believe in Capitalism and the free market but do we have to destroy this product we love in the process? I want to keep the local feel of this sport and if Clemson went to let's say the B1G that's lost. I don't care about playing Purdue, Minnesota or even Wisconsin bc I don't think I've ever ran into a fan from those teams. I'm not going to cry about it anymore bc it's not going to do any good and I know history seems to not mean anything nowadays but eventually we will look back and regret what we have done to this beautiful game we all love.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry but I can't stand what is going on.....

Jul 1, 2022, 8:02 PM

Amen. I would love to go back to old school ACC, including Tech and FSU.

What’s best for student athletes? Not having to travel thousands of miles for road games.

What’s best for fans? Rivalries. Close road trips.

NLE? doesn’t bother me.

Players supporting political causes? doesn’t bother me.

Blowing up leagues and reconstructing them with no respect to history, rivalries or geography? THIS. This will eventually kill my interest in the sport.

Jul 1, 2022, 9:38 PM

The LIV Tour started all of this.

Jul 1, 2022, 9:55 PM

Are you just realizing all this? I vented over this like 18mos ago. At that point, I would say a majority of people didn't think it would land so far corrupt, they wanted free market, wanted players to make money but be careful what you wish for.

The largest issue in this whole NIL issue is the fact that NCAA basically threw in the towel, washed their hands, and they totally backed away from the fact that they could have deployed reasonable plans. But they walked away and let the world push all options to purchase players, create groups to manufacture contracts and make absurd offers to players that never played a down. NCAA broke college sports, they broke Basketball before NIL, but they were not done until they managed to break my favorite sport. They wouldn't even lay out miniscule rules and used their opportunity to totally destroy football as we knew it.

College football will never be the sport we knew. Right now seriously, softball is probably about the cleanest sport but that wont last. Some schools have billions available that other schools don't. Tes have bought football players, no way they stop there.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic