Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorrell Hired as Inaugural Women's Lacrosse Director of Ops
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 672

Sorrell Hired as Inaugural Women's Lacrosse Director of Ops

Sep 22, 2021, 1:20 PM

(press release) Clemson alumnus Sam Sorrell has been added to Clemson's inaugural women's lacrosse staff as the director of operations, the program announced on Wednesday. He joins Head Coach Allison Kwolek and Assistant Coach Madison Carter as the three active members of the staff.

A 2020 graduate of Clemson, Sorrell spent two years as a Football Operations Student Assistant, including the National Championship season of 2018. Sorrell assisted with the day-to-day operations of the Clemson football program, including scheduling and logistics. The Tigers went 29-1 while Sorrell worked with the program, the one loss coming in the 2019 National Championship game. He is the proud owner of a 2018 National Championship ring.

“We are thrilled to add Sam to our staff,” Kwolek said. “Sam’s experience working with the football program here gives us great insight into how they do things in all facets of their operation. Sam truly loves Clemson and that showed up immediately, when he started on a Monday and got right to work helping us navigate our first recruiting weekend that Saturday. Sam’s knowledge and familiarity with Clemson will be a great asset to our lacrosse program.”

The Durham, N.C. native assisted with football recruiting game day operations, including junior days, prospect camps, official visits and unofficial visits. He worked with the Director of Football Operations to create the travel packets for each home and away game, and assisted with the day-to-day operations of the Dabo Swinney Football Camps.

“I am thrilled for the opportunity to return to Clemson and take part in the building the women’s lacrosse program,” Sorrell said. “I loved my time as a student at Clemson, especially working with the football, and it feels great to be back. I look forward to working with Coach Kwolek and Coach Carter as we work toward the inaugural season in 2023.”

Sorrell worked as an athletics game operations assistant at Duke University in the spring of 2021, including working directly with the women’s lacrosse and soccer programs. As an undergraduate at Clemson, he also spent time as an intern in the Duke Athletic Ticket Office, and as a statistician for the Duke Sports Information Department.

He also worked as the Pro-Shop Manager at Treyburn Country Club in Durham, N.C.

Sorrell’s father Bobby, worked in the Duke Athletic Department for 30 years, including spending time as the Director of Basketball Operations for the Duke Women’s Basketball team.

Sorrell graduated from Clemson in 2020 with a bachelor’s of science degree in parks, recreation and tourism management.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 672
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic