Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of you guys need to realize that Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Some of you guys need to realize that Dabo

Sep 25, 2021, 10:17 PM

Isn’t saying “DJ is our guy”, he is actually saying we have no other option. Quit pretending that TP is a difference maker. We’ve seen him play and he has done good things in mop up duty, but it’s just not there.

The only thing I would like to see changed at this point is the coaching staff. Tony Elliot is way to conservative for my liking. He is playing not to loose, there is no creativity and there is no play calling in place to help a struggling ( you have what you have ) offensive line.

As for the offensive line, it’s all about recruiting! The o line is probably the most evaluated position by all recruiting services. Their stars matter! Please have this fixed!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of you guys need to realize that Dabo

Sep 25, 2021, 10:18 PM

Puma scored on his one snap tonight.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even nfl scouts have called his offense simple***

Sep 25, 2021, 10:19 PM

Give em a chance to see what they can do***

Sep 25, 2021, 10:19 PM

Sep 25, 2021, 10:22 PM

They have the most talented OL in terms of star power they’ve had since Dabo’s been here. The problem is the guy coaching them is hot garbage. OL has been our weakness since he’s been here. Can anyone actually say that Jackson Carmen got better while here, under his tutelage?

Sep 26, 2021, 4:10 AM

It’s not the O-line it’s the indecision and holding the ball to long is the problem! It’s pretty clear that’s the issue. He won’t run when he should! Also the play calling is awful!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2021, 4:58 AM

Yea honestly the pass pro hasn’t been as terrible as they are getting called out for… unfortunately the run blocking is absolutely pathetic … I would have to go back and look but I feel like that’s a handful of games since the Middle to later part of last year we were held to stupid low rushing numbers , especially if you take the dj 35 yarder out … which I would count in if it were designed but it was the one time this year where he made the right call to tuck it and run

If DJ is truly the best we have then we have some major issues

Sep 25, 2021, 10:24 PM

in recruiting, player development, or both.

There is no excuse for an elite program to have QB play this bad, especially not a 5 star all-world recruit who is in his second year in the program.

The coaches aren’t asking him to learn an overly complex offense. He isn’t being asked to make many difficult throws. Our offense has been very simple this year, and the results have been awful.

The management of our QB room this year was already suspect given the lack of QBs on the roster. Currently, our QB room consists of DJ, backed up by a QB who had to rehab faster than we would’ve liked in order to have another talented QB on the depth chart. We also have a walk on and a true freshman who is playing out of position at QB. And that’s it.

We shouldn’t be in that position.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: If DJ is truly the best we have then we have some major issues

Sep 26, 2021, 2:06 AM

2 words. Transfer Portal.

You’re talking about the same Dabo who…

Sep 25, 2021, 10:54 PM

Went in to Trevor’s freshman year insisting the Kelly Bryant was “our guy”? Yeah, he eventually made the change, but how many times did he say KB gave us the best chance to win.

Re: You’re talking about the same Dabo who…

Sep 25, 2021, 10:58 PM

It was obvious to the coaches and the fans that KB wasn’t the guy. TP hasn’t shown any of that the 2 years while being here.

Difference between Bryant and DJ is Bryant just

Sep 25, 2021, 11:05 PM [ in reply to You’re talking about the same Dabo who… ]

didn't have the tools to keep Trevor on the bench. DJ had the skills, we've all seen it. His problem just seems to be between the ears, whether it's confidence, or play calling to put him in the right spot/ frame of mind, I don't know.

Re: Difference between Bryant and DJ is Bryant just

Sep 25, 2021, 11:22 PM

I was hoping when he threaded the needle on the first TD to Ross that both of them would gain some confidence, and play better. It just didn't happen. I don't know what the solution is! We had 88 total yards at halftime!! How can that be possible? Defense has basically been carrying us until today. Now, we are the limping wounded there! I hope Dabo and the gang can figure something out this week.
GO TIGERS!!!

Sep 25, 2021, 11:34 PM

DJ seemed so confident and solid last year!! Was it the Dr Pepper deal that changed everything??

Maybe Dabo..

Sep 26, 2021, 4:35 AM

needs to embrace the transfer portal we are the only team in the country who doesnt.. and fill up recruiting classes instead of bringing in 20 walkons a year.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Sep 26, 2021, 4:49 AM

I think we score the same or more playing Hunter Helms tonight. We would have called a more conservative game but would have spread the running zone wider and gave Shipley more space to run. We would have called more dinks in the passing and we win with Helms! Game over

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic