Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some observations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Some observations

Sep 26, 2021, 11:47 AM

Long start to the season. 2-2. At worst think we all thought 3-1 at this point. Offense is abysmal. 88 yds in one half. Thats 30 minutes of football. 10 total first downs in 60 minutes. That's Furman coming to Death Valley numbers. Frustrating.

This has been coming for a while. Discount the LSU game, as much as I dislike them and their Cajun cookie monster coach that offense was unstoppable. Remember Mullen being burned deep three times but was in perfect position on each occasion. Their QB was just dealing. OSU torched us last year. Team has been going down for several seasons. Play calling speaks for itself.

Think Dabo has reached a ceiling. He can do more, but the desire doesn't seem to be there any longer. He's making roughly 10 million per year. That's lifetime money for me. I think he's become driven by other factors. He loves the spotlight. Likes to be around other prominent people/athletes. Doing Harley Davidson commercials. He's enjoying life. Nothing wrong with that, but it's effecting his job performance and focus.

Throw in in the new NIL deals and it's a mess. We have a 19-20yo QB worth roughly 1/2 million dollars. His numbers speak for themself. That has to create discord amongst the players making nothing and producing more.. Doesn't help he dresses like Cam Newton. You dress that sharp, you play that sharp.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Some observations

Sep 26, 2021, 11:58 AM

At some point you have to decide which is more important, winning or being beloved. Saban does not care if anyone likes him or not. He is an ice cold chief executive that does whatever it takes to win and would fire his own mother. Dabo is choosing the way most decent people would. To him, people are more important than winning. I like who Clemson is as a result. It won't put us in the playoffs every year, but it gives us a program and culture we can be proud of.

Sep 26, 2021, 5:35 PM

At some point you have to decide which is more important, winning or being beloved. Saban does not care if anyone likes him or not. He is an ice cold chief executive that does whatever it takes to win and would fire his own mother. Dabo is choosing the way most decent people would. To him, people are more important than winning. I like who Clemson is as a result. It won't put us in the playoffs every year, but it gives us a program and culture we can be proud of.

This makes no sense lol. Nothing else matters but winning in SPORTS. Fans being proud of how a coach is nice and one is mean is silly and childish. Those things only matter to the people intimately involved. Not fans lmao. I think after this nightmare plays out this year you better cover your kind little face because I believe Swinney will show you and everyone else how much winning means to him. He did it once and he’ll do it again. Elliot and that awful offensive staff are very wealthy and will be just fine. You’d rather as a fan have sweet coaches than see the team your a fan of win every game! What a pathetic mindset. Yuck

Funny how culture, putting people first..

Sep 26, 2021, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Some observations ]

and winning are not mutually exclusive when your QB is named Trevor or Deshaun, and your OL isn’t a TOTAL dumpster fire.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2021, 11:58 AM

If I had to choose between Hollywood QB and Dabo, I’d take Dabo every time.

NIL, portals,realignment etc is changing college football. That ain’t good!

Sep 26, 2021, 12:01 PM

We need to start using the portal. Watched a lot of games yesterday and transfers were making big plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2021, 12:11 PM

Lots of changes need to be made. Tough ones

Sep 26, 2021, 1:14 PM

I think what happened is that Venables had the defense locked in so Dabo felt like he could take chances and give some ex-players coaching positions on the offense as well as keep Caldwell on the OL. The talent level according to the recruiting sites kept going up, so why change what got you to the CFP for 6 years in a row?

It all fell apart in 2021 with an immobile QB who regressed in his passing behind an OL that couldn't run block.

The last thing I'm worried about is DJ's threads.***

Sep 26, 2021, 1:28 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The last thing I'm worried about is DJ's threads.***

Sep 26, 2021, 3:40 PM

I'm headed downtown. Just casually threw on my burgundy suit. Paired with orange socks and white leather shoes. Hat tilted 10° downward left

Mullen was playing for the Raiders when Joe Burrow lit us up***

Sep 26, 2021, 4:20 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic