Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So,I had to go look at a house and on the way had on WCCP. Last year, TAMU
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2501

So,I had to go look at a house and on the way had on WCCP. Last year, TAMU

Jun 20, 2024, 1:01 PM

boosters(60,000 student school) donated $115,000,000...One Hundred Fifteen Milliion...tops in the land. Not to be outdone, SMU boosters this year,(10,000 student school) donated $159,000,000. So, basically, SMU could, I say COULD with just a little bit of creativity, give each football player a $1,000,000 NIL deal...and still have more dontations than Clemson......Personally, I think it is more than OUTSTANDING that Dabo has continued to recruit nearly as well as he has....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So,I had to go look at a house and on the way had on WCCP. Last year, TAMU

Jun 20, 2024, 1:09 PM

I agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2024, 1:13 PM

Amazing how much some schools have to offer to get some kids to even consider going there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 20, 2024, 1:16 PM

Luckily, each school can only recruit so many and the players are only going to go where they have playing time. That's the only way to get to the next level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember when $1 Million was Life Changing money?

Jun 20, 2024, 1:32 PM

Now it’s just a “Starter Kit”!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2024, 1:35 PM

I meet with some friends in the panhandle of Florida each week. He is an SMU undergrad and has essentially said what your numbers confirm, that SMU has the money and resources to purchase the best players money can buy. I've not given it too much thought until you provide this information. We'll see how things go for them and TAMU long term. So far it hasn't worked out for either...

Go Tigers!

Jun 20, 2024, 4:08 PM

It's the Wild West now. Essentially no more rules regarding compensation and players. No chance they get "Death Penaltied" again.

Jun 20, 2024, 4:41 PM

MSU's recruiting still sucks at the moment. 2025 sucks too.

Jun 20, 2024, 4:49 PM

When the interest rates bottom out over the next 2-3 months it will be time to buy.

So I know you’ll be busy soon enough after real estate bottoms out selling.

If we all buy low we’ll have that kind of money to help Clemson within two to three years and move ahead of SMU in my opinion.

SMU is loaded!💰💰💰💰

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

THat house I went and looked at this morning was a "DOG". Rough looking

Jun 20, 2024, 8:12 PM

neighborhood. 240k. They have multiple offers as we speak.......I remember when 240k bought you 3,000 feet all brick,etc.etc.

Re: THat house I went and looked at this morning was a "DOG". Rough looking

Jun 20, 2024, 10:11 PM

I have been trying to find my daughter something decent in a safe neighborhood for $200,000 or less and I can’t find anything.

Re: THat house I went and looked at this morning was a "DOG". Rough looking

Jun 20, 2024, 10:36 PM [ in reply to THat house I went and looked at this morning was a "DOG". Rough looking ]

You should see what they're putting up just 200 yards down the road from our subdivision. Most houses are the same style and cream color. No architectural appeal. The subdivision looks like a field of large mushrooms. Starting at 350k.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

So unfortunately it is a financial arms race to see who can pony up more $$$!

Jun 20, 2024, 4:52 PM

Even the NFL is smarter than this and has a salary cap in place to prevent the richer teams from just buying up all the best players. Other leagues use the luxury tax to help prevent the same type of imbalance amongst their teams. College football is unregulated and wide open right now. It will be interesting to see if the huge warchests at some of these school makes any difference in where they finish out the season. TAMU basically bought their draft class a couple years back and it did not seem to make a big difference then. I wonder if that still holds true today with these large cash piles and rich NIL collectives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Are those donations to collectives?

Jun 20, 2024, 6:57 PM

Otherwise it doesn’t go towards NIL. Not supposed to anyway lol

Jun 20, 2024, 7:37 PM

College football we grew up with is over. Am I pleased, heck no. What we are seeing is a totally corrupt society that has sold it's soul to mammon. Thank God Dabo has not kissed the ring yet.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2501
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic