Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Softball World Series question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Softball World Series question

May 22, 2022, 8:47 PM

I’m looking at the bracket. Oklahoma is on the opposite side of the bracket. Does that mean if we do make it to the World Series we won’t have to play Oklahoma to the championship? If that’s the case our side of the bracket will be favorable if we make it past Oklahoma state. 4 regional host loss on our side.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Super Regional win first, please! Taking Okie State for

May 22, 2022, 9:05 PM

granted would be a HUGE mistake. One step at a time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Super Regional win first, please! Taking Okie State for

May 22, 2022, 9:14 PM

You're right. The cowgirls are a tall glass of water. Probably should have been higher than a 7 seed.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2022, 9:18 PM

They got some pretty batting averages and pretty good Pitching ERA's also...https://okstate.com/sports/softball/stats

May 22, 2022, 9:35 PM

Louisiana had the most hits and doubles in the NCAA. The entire team batted .354 on the season.

Message was edited by: bloodrunsorange63®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2022, 10:29 PM

yeah, their offense was just incredible today.

now they can go home and enjoy their huge empty stadium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 22, 2022, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Super Regional win first, please! Taking Okie State for ]

They struggled with N Tex today until end of game. They had some weird losses, got beat by FSU twice. Not taking for granted but I think they are beatable.

May 22, 2022, 9:35 PM

And we beat 2 pretty good teams... We were hot and even had a few batters who did not shine...Get them all on the same page and this is a super team...
I watched a lot of softball this weekend and think we have a chance to make the big dance... Good luck, Ladies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2022, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Super Regional win first, please! Taking Okie State for ]

UNT since they restarted softball have played OU and Cowgirls tough every time they have played.

TEK

May 23, 2022, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Super Regional win first, please! Taking Okie State for ]

We should have been higher too.

TEK

May 22, 2022, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Super Regional win first, please! Taking Okie State for ]

Not taking them for granted. I’m asking about the bracket. Does it stay the same? The winner of Clemson Oklahoma state will be set up nice if that is the case. You have Clemson/okstate, VT/UF, Stanford/Oregon state, misstate/Arizona. FSU, Missouri, Tennessee, and Alabama all loss on our side of the bracket. I just don’t know if they rearrange it when they get to Oklahoma City.

May 22, 2022, 9:41 PM

Stanford is looking pretty good. Watched 2 of their games this wknd and they are pretty hot right now.

What's crazy is that Montana Fouts pitched around 400 pitches in 3 days, holy moly!

May 22, 2022, 9:44 PM

She’s pretty impressive in the circle. It was shocking what stanford did. It was shocking to me FSU loss.

May 22, 2022, 9:53 PM

FSU loss is very shocking to me as well. Never expected that loss.

May 22, 2022, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Super Regional win first, please! Taking Okie State for ]

1. We’re fans not players or coaches so, you’re good, it doesn’t matter at all what our mindset is or whether we’re taking anyone seriously
B. They do not re-seed the brackets so you are correct we wouldn’t face the home team OK until the final series
III. We’d likely faced VT in our side of the Bracket so still not a cake walk

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2022, 9:48 PM

Thank you! I was just trying to figure it out. I’m pulling for UF to knock VT out. I know they are the acc but I don’t like VT. More so there basketball fans but still.

May 22, 2022, 9:57 PM

Man, I gotta pull for VT any day over Florida. You may have ties their which is excusable but I would be all for VT over Florida, well most SEC teams actually.

VT is probably one of my more well liked teams in the ACC though. Been to few games in Blacksburg and always had a great time with pleasant fans.

May 23, 2022, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Super Regional win first, please! Taking Okie State for ]

So anonymous old men on a message board who have zero contact with any of the players or coaches need to stay focused else it will somehow impact the outcome for the game? Got it...

No. Softball World Series brackets don’t work the

May 22, 2022, 9:53 PM

same as baseball. It works like baseball used to work years ago before they started the 2 separate bracket champs playing for the title. By the 3rd game to the tourney you would be playing someone on the other side possibly OU

that's correct

May 22, 2022, 10:00 PM

In the WCWS they treat it like an 8 team regional, not two separate four-team regionals.

The sides flip after the winners bracket and losers bracket games. So could face OK before the final in theory.

We can make a deep run

May 23, 2022, 7:25 AM

I love to see these Ladies playing relaxed and having fun.....which is the most important thing. Stand tall Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic