Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We've talked about leaving ACC 4 SEC & BIG..but how bout DABO?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 51

We've talked about leaving ACC 4 SEC & BIG..but how bout DABO?

Jul 4, 2022, 5:32 PM

What is he thinking since leaving a relatively easy conference where he's had an extremely great % of getting to ACCCG and thus with that win has had 100% automatic invite into the CFP..

and with joining the SEC or a bit lesser degree the BIG (imho) he's gonna be truly on the R.O.Y. Bus and it's gonna be a much bigger dog fight as to which team gets to drive it.

Saying, a lot to chew on And whatever conference we may be in (if we leave ACC) I don't think we're going to see As many CFP invites in next 5-10 years as we did before.

But, but..don't bet against Dabo Swinney what with his new recruiting savvy back and that always gut deep inner fight to exceed & succeed.

Get ready for a cool bus ride!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sec don’t want any Dabo

Jul 4, 2022, 5:38 PM

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/besides-dabo-swinney-these-coaches-most-success-vs-sec-playoff-era-2021/amp/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We've talked about leaving ACC 4 SEC & BIG..but how bout DABO?

Jul 4, 2022, 5:59 PM

Dabo aint skeered

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot to chew on for sure Bill

Jul 4, 2022, 6:01 PM

1) I don't think Dabo will have a problem with the SEC - it's where he grew up.
2) Agree the SEC will be a tougher road - especially the back to back to back. And don't be surprised if Birmingham schedulers give Clemson Bama-UGA-TX A&M-Oklahoma-LSU-Florida-Texas in sequence. Welcome aboard!
3) Another thing is the SEC and B1G are both reportedly going away from divisions and both will have multiple teams in the playoffs. Clemson will have to earn it.
4) How many more years does Saban have? After that, will it be a fight between Dabo, Kirby, Jimbo, Lane & Dancing Brian? I love Dabo's chances.
5) The other side is, if we stay in the ACC and "get by" on $40-50M per year vs. $100-120M per year in SECD and B1G, how long can we stay competitive with facilities, NIL and recruiting?

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think if Dabo were to ever leave the most likely reason

Jul 4, 2022, 6:10 PM

would be out of disgust for what college football has and continues to become.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2022, 6:11 PM

Dabo's approach to running our program transcends conferences, so his focus is on continuing to build the program his way, and not focus on the conference in which we play. That focus is the key to getting it done on the field. Getting it done on the field gets you into the play-off regardless of conference.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Jul 4, 2022, 7:30 PM

Dabo is still recruiting tremendously well and is 52 years old. I think he would love the SEC challenge.

Jul 4, 2022, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: We've talked about leaving ACC 4 SEC & BIG..but how bout DABO? ]

Saban will retire in a year or two. He hates the NIL and has made that clear. If Clemson is not in a position to get the same TV money as SEC teams, then moving on will be a reasonable option for him. Recruiting in all sports will suffer, as the extra money will allow full scholarships in the "minor" sports like baseball and softball. The Coots will have that money and will take full advantage of it. Beamer is going to be a pretty good coach, and they have already improved greatly in the transfer portal while we just watched players transfer. And while 2023 recruiting looks good right now, NIL money is going to come out from the more well funded programs to get decommitments and have players flip at the last minute. Like the WR who gave a vague reason to flip to Miami...that had to be money.

Jul 4, 2022, 8:14 PM

Why do you think we do not give the max number of scholarships allowed by the NCAA? We give the same scholarships as every school.

Jul 4, 2022, 8:11 PM

Some of us think the ACC should add teams and we stay.

Jul 5, 2022, 6:48 AM

Some also thought the Titanic was unsinkable.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2022, 6:56 AM

I think we can and will get to plenty of playoff games simply because the playoff will expand the number of teams invited. We may not see as many undefeated or one loss seasons but playoffs will be easy to get in going forward

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: under new 2 conference league...

Jul 5, 2022, 7:12 AM

If they set up this 2 conference model like nfl... All you gotta do is be in the top 12 in your conference to make playoffs. So I'd say he's got a good a shot at that most years as he has had now getting in top 4.
Top 4 will get a first round bye but next 8 still get in playoff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Goes beyond Dabo

Jul 5, 2022, 7:30 AM

I want Clemson Football to stay current and competitive. Maintaining Dabo’s legacy after he is gone is dependent on the conference move. Without the change, Clemson will be playing club football.

Jul 5, 2022, 7:43 AM

Personally, I think we just get better. We don't often lose out on a recruit that Dabo really wants but when we do it's usually to an SEC school. Like them or not, it is the best conference in football. Competition is week to week. While they do have their cellar dwellers overall the middle of the conference is more talented and usually better coached than the ACC.

I'd love to see our recruiting if and when we are an SEC member.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure Dabo has an opinion on the subject. But, I am also

Jul 5, 2022, 7:56 AM

sure that he will not speak on it publicly unless / until one of these hypotheticals becomes real. But, I would also bet that he is HEAVILY involved in any behind the scenes discussions that may be going on at Clemson. What is happening could potentially affect his livelihood and legacy, so you best believe he is not just sitting around doing nothing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure Dabo has an opinion on the subject. But, I am also

Jul 5, 2022, 8:01 AM

Exactly

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dabo probably already has a plan for every scenario

Jul 5, 2022, 8:01 AM

Remember, he had a head coaching plan before he became a head coach.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 17
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic