Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So we've spent years....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

So we've spent years....

Jul 1, 2022, 7:43 PM

Bashing the SEC, convincing ourselves the ACC was their equal, and all I see today are people wanting to jump ship and join them. Really is sad to see.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So we've spent years....

Jul 1, 2022, 7:47 PM

Not me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Peck dirt

Jul 1, 2022, 7:47 PM

Coot.

Remember the ignorance in early 2000s in politics

Jul 1, 2022, 7:48 PM

Where politicians were attacked for changing their views with new information and changing times
So and so flip flops etc

The ACC has been fine for Clemson for the last decades, and it may still be going forward depending on how they move forward

The landscape today is clear that maintaining status quo is not acceptable
Geography doesn’t matter in conference make up anymore
So if the ACC doesn’t expand, and it comes down to SEC or BIG, it’s really not odd for Clemson fans to want to play more regional rivals

All of this while accepting your likely trolling here a little
But just a some of my perspective to help your post fall flat

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 1, 2022, 7:50 PM

Sheet happens...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2022, 7:54 PM

I can be in a conference and still hate it. My reasons for wanting into the SEC is simple. South Carolina would become a conference game. This wouyfree up another OOC game to go play more interesting teams. Plus geographically, Clemson has always been a better fit for the SEC than the ACC...at least the original members. (Go measure the distance to Auburn and Knoxville and compare to the Raleigh area) And, we get to play Georgia every year, as we should. (Played them every year up until 1988) Plus, I'm sick and tired of playing the same ol boring ACC teams.

Honestly by that time though hypothetically all but one

Jul 1, 2022, 8:25 PM

game may in fact be a conference game.

Nice 1st post....***

Jul 1, 2022, 7:56 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COOT!!!

Jul 1, 2022, 8:21 PM

finished it for U

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2022, 8:28 PM

Bashing the SEC, convincing ourselves the ACC was their equal, and all I see today are people wanting to jump ship and join them. Really is sad to see.

I don’t think anyone here said the ACC was equal. I don’t get why everyone goes around beating their chest about which conference is best. It all comes down to the individual teams. I’d Put Clemson against any team in ANY conference. I’m a CLEMSON fan! I could care less about what any conference does. Just win!

Jul 1, 2022, 8:39 PM

An Administration that had the vision to see where football was going and the money that would be involved would have moved Clemson to the SEC by the1980s.

Jul 1, 2022, 8:43 PM

So do we just get random thumbs down for posting things that weirdly make people mad? What a great welcoming to a Clemson group.

Jul 1, 2022, 8:50 PM

hey pal, this is the number one college football message board on the internet. You gotta earn it. Crying about it will definitely set you back

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/update/tigernet-ranked-no-1-college-football-message-board-39441

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2022, 9:45 PM

I am a 70 old Tiger from birth but as a whole conference, the ACC has rarely been equal to the SEC. Look at National Championships, Heisman winners, All Americans, Draft Picks. On the other hand, the same can be said that the SEC has rarely been equal to the ACC in basketball, but they are getting better.

Hell, I've wanted Clemson in SEC for 30+ yrs***

Jul 1, 2022, 9:57 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no desire to join the SEC.

Jul 1, 2022, 10:03 PM

I’d much prefer the Big 10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic