Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So if Clemson goes to the SEC, do . . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

So if Clemson goes to the SEC, do . . . .

Jul 29, 2021, 8:18 PM

the chickens quite and beg to come back to the ACC?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So if Clemson goes to the SEC, do . . . .

Jul 29, 2021, 9:08 PM

If Clemson goes to the SEC pigs will fly.

Re: So if Clemson goes to the SEC, . . . .

Jul 29, 2021, 9:20 PM

And wins….and I expect they would do well since Bama owns that conference….and we’ve stood toe to toe with them as of late ..

The Gamecock fan base will collectively implode …a tiny black hole in the middle of Williams Bryce just strong enough to pull in Columbia…

We all wish we could be so lucky….

Jul 29, 2021, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: So if Clemson goes to the SEC, do . . . . ]

Valley Boy said:

If Clemson goes to the SEC pigs will fly.

So what you are saying is when we play Arkansas the pigs will be hit so hard they'll be airborne.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Arkansas will fly for games in DV. Too far to bus.***

Jul 30, 2021, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: So if Clemson goes to the SEC, do . . . . ]

null

Jul 29, 2021, 10:16 PM

And just when do you expect the SEC to extend the invitation?

Jul 30, 2021, 2:18 AM

From what I heard on the coot radio talking sports, the SEC has already made the invite to Clemson, and the coots are really pissed, and upset about that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson isn’t going to the SEC.***

Jul 30, 2021, 12:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Clemson isn’t going to the SEC.***

Jul 30, 2021, 2:23 PM

I didn't think OK and Tex were going to SEC either. Could definitely see a merger with Big 10 especially if SEC continues to grab.

Supposedly they wanted a 20 team "Super Conference" and FSU, Clemson, Miami and VT were contacted about joining oh and ND was contacted as well. VT was asked after ND said no. This is per ESPN radio.

They are saying that SEC isn't done, that they still want 20 teams by 2025. They would have 4 divisions and then there would be 2 leagues, basically following the NFL playoff system but it would be 4 teams, league champions would play for conference championship.

Re: Clemson isn’t going to the SEC.***

Jul 30, 2021, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Clemson isn’t going to the SEC.*** ]

I didn't think OK and Tex were going to SEC either. Could definitely see a merger with Big 10 especially if SEC continues to grab.

Supposedly they wanted a 20 team "Super Conference" and FSU, Clemson, Miami and VT were contacted about joining oh and ND was contacted as well. VT was asked after ND said no. This is per ESPN radio.

They are saying that SEC isn't done, that they still want 20 teams by 2025. They would have 4 divisions and then there would be 2 leagues, basically following the NFL playoff system but it would be 4 teams, league champions would play for conference championship.

This is above my pay grade but one thing is for sure!

Jul 30, 2021, 4:53 AM

And....... the one thing is the reason we will never get the invite......

We would be very competitive without complaining about our schedule, we would win an SEC Championship really soon!

That would kill the existing teams!

I can see the headline, Clemson came in & took over Alabama’s conference.....lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: This is above my pay grade but one thing is for sure!

Jul 30, 2021, 7:01 AM

The only two teams that would excite me to play every year would be Bama and Uga. The rest would just feel like the ACC schedule currently only in some cases in bigger stadiums

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe to a certain extent, but...

Jul 30, 2021, 8:56 AM

I'd sure enjoy kicking the **** out of Tennessee and Florida on a regular basis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 30, 2021, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: This is above my pay grade but one thing is for sure! ]

Yeah, I'm sure home games against LSU, Florida, Auburn, and now Oklahoma and Texas would feel no different from a home game against Wake.

Jul 30, 2021, 11:08 AM

LSU is in shambles until the next natty is played in nola. Auburn whatever. Guaranteed dumpster fire every three years. Florida sounds alot like FSU. Texas bleh. OU we have smacked the last few times we played them. Tell me what feels different. VT UM and FSU getting better matches all that. Wake, Vandy you know.........

I don't really care if every regular season game is

Jul 30, 2021, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: This is above my pay grade but one thing is for sure! ]

a "big game." I just want to get into the playoffs and win national championships.

It's like having two options to get from point A to point B. Option #1 involves an interstate that is predictable and takes 2 hours. Option #2 involves taking the "scenic route" on roads with more twists and turns, and a greater chance of being delayed. This option takes 4 hours.

Both options allow for the opportunity to get to the destination, but they are not equivalent.

This pining for the SEC is option #2. I think that's dumb. Option #1 is better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jul 30, 2021, 7:29 AM [ in reply to This is above my pay grade but one thing is for sure! ]

This is just my opinion and nothing more, however if Clemson doesn’t make a move soon, they could get left in the rear view. Fact is, no team in the ACC and Clemson included will be able to generate NIL $ like the SEC especially with the new additions.

This in return will effect recruiting as players will want the school/conference who can generate the most $ for them. This will leave the remaining schools getting the SEC leftovers.

Hey, I could be wrong, but college football is a business. It’s all about what can you do for me!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the biggest reason why uo6c would not support...

Jul 30, 2021, 9:07 AM [ in reply to This is above my pay grade but one thing is for sure! ]

the addition of Clemson in the SEC.

Unlike uof6c, they know Clemson would come in, experience immediate success, and compete for conference championships every year whereas the fighting Phallus' have largely been, and will remain, a perennial doormat and bottom feeder.

The humiliation would be more than they could bear, and that from a program that is accustomed to being humiliated on and off the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL at "Fighting Phalluses!"

Jul 30, 2021, 11:22 AM

That's great!

Clemson will go Independent before joining the SEC...

Jul 30, 2021, 9:00 AM

Think about the revenue Clemson could generate with its own TV contract...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson will go Independent before joining the SEC...

Jul 30, 2021, 9:05 AM

A lot less than the SEC teams. The SEC teams now are bringing in around $68 million per year for each team which is nearly $30 million more than ND is getting from NBC, and that's before adding Oklahoma and Texas. Clemson is currently a better football program than ND, but not as much of a national draw as ND so it's unlikely Clemson would even be able to get what ND is getting.

Also, as the conferences get larger that will likely mean 9 or 10 conference games each season which would make it that much harder for an independent team to fill their schedule with meaningful games.

Notre Dame's deal with NBC only pays $15 million annually...

Jul 30, 2021, 9:13 AM

Last year was an odd year but in 2019, between ACC revenue and the NBC contract, Notre Dame made $22 million, while each ACC school earned an average of $29 million.

Re: Notre Dame's deal with NBC only pays $15 million annually...

Jul 30, 2021, 10:16 AM

Thank you. I just did a quick search for the numbers so I'm sure what you have is more accurate.

If those numbers are accurate...

Jul 30, 2021, 10:22 AM

money is apparently not the primary factor behind the Bee Bee Head's lack of interest in relinquishing their independence in football.

Which is precisely why Notre Dame will join the ACC soon.***

Jul 30, 2021, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Notre Dame's deal with NBC only pays $15 million annually... ]

You think?***

Jul 30, 2021, 11:44 AM

Re: Clemson will go Independent before joining the SEC...

Jul 30, 2021, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson will go Independent before joining the SEC... ]

Show me again where all this SEC money has translated into powerhouse teams. Bama yes. LSU only when natty played in nola. Uga? When was that last natty??? UF?? Natty when?

Jul 30, 2021, 1:52 PM

If Clemson goes to the SEC, they forfeit all of their TV money until 2036.

Is that what everyone wants?

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Jul 30, 2021, 1:53 PM

The smartest thing for the ACC to do is make ND a full member and grab WVa out of the Big 12. Make their own 16 team super conf.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic