Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So everything is "beautiful " when you fall
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 3605

So everything is "beautiful " when you fall

Jun 22, 2024, 9:11 AM

Behind to your rivals as they rake in the money, the prime time TV contracts, and respect that the ACC football teams will never have? "BEAUTIFUL?" NOT! Sorry Jim but our definition of beauty and yours just doesn't square up with reality. Clemson can do a lot better. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So everything is "beautiful " when you fall

Jun 22, 2024, 9:15 AM

It is a league as he mentions and it has failed because of greed and jealousy...more money can never fix greed...when is it enough...and jealousy is just as powerful...we've won two national championships in a failed league...you must be crazy!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It has failed because of leadership.

Jun 22, 2024, 9:38 AM

Other leagues were playing chess as ACC played checkers. And failed spectacularly.

And what does the past have to do with the present? Miami won numerous outside the league but have never won one in the league. Staying in a dying ACC does nothing for our program today. You have to be strategic and aware of constant change. Perhaps you are crazy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It failed because it's member schools didn't

Jun 22, 2024, 2:50 PM

have the alumni base of SEC/Big which results in less tv money.

It's that simple.

Football schools added like Miami and VT could have helped by being more successful but still would have lagged behind SEC/Big.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It has failed because of leadership.

Jun 23, 2024, 8:37 AM [ in reply to It has failed because of leadership. ]

Miami pulled criminals from the Overlord section of Miami and paid them to play football before they went to Starke on another type of scholarship...few ever graduated and you can't be sure of those...would you not bet that something is tragically wrong when you win natties and the head coach leaves the next year! Is that what you want at Clemson...or do you even care!

Jun 23, 2024, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: So everything is "beautiful " when you fall ]

Things have changed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: So everything is "beautiful " when you fall ]

The fact that you can’t see we live in a different world now is honestly dumbfounding. Covering for 10-15 million a year is a whole lot different than 30-40 million. I’m sorry you cannot see that.

Jun 22, 2024, 10:06 AM

Simply a controllable clown for the tobacco road mafia in an ill-fitting suit collecting paychecks until he gets revealed as the incompetent pawn that he really is.

The Big 10 and SEC have been taking in more money than the ACC

Jun 22, 2024, 11:34 AM

For decades.

Clemson makes enough money to win national championships but money doesn’t buy national championships.

We have never made as much money as the B1G or SEC. How has it hurt us?

A massive shift in financial resources not

Jun 22, 2024, 12:06 PM

Seen before in cfb will impact teams that receive it vs team that do not. True, money doesn't buy Championships but this new massive influx of funds will fund infrastructure, coaches salaries, and NIL opportunities and potentially change the playing field. USuC, historicaly behind us throughout our history, may be able to out build us. hire better coaches than us, and pay out more NIL making their program more attractive to recruits. Gotta think strategically, think ahead, and be proactive rather than sit around expecting nothing will change.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

I disagree. The landscape wont change. Vandy, for example,

Jun 22, 2024, 2:06 PM

has brought in more money than Clemson for decades. Is Vandy going to pass Clemson in football? If they are, why haven’t they done it with the years of financial advantage they enjoyed for over 30 years or more.

We have a great NIL and can match anyone. But we don’t entertain pay for play.

Again, usc and vandy have enjoyed a significant financial advantage over Clemson for over 30 years.

What exactly is Vandy going to build to surpass Clemson? Nothing.

Money doesn’t ensure success or we would have already seen it . More money doesn’t ensure anything either.

I think you can see the way the wind

Jun 22, 2024, 2:36 PM

Is blowing that Clemson admin believes it will put us at a competitive disadvantage to remain in this conference. So we will have to agree to disagree because I believe that too. Go Tigers!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Dude, wheres the confusion ?

Jun 23, 2024, 7:04 PM

What has Vandys and USuCs 30 year monetary advantage done for them to elevate them above Clemson? 30 years at least. What is Vandy going to build that Clemson doesn’t have? That’s the important question.

Eagerly awaiting your thoughts.

Re: Dude, wheres the confusion ?

Jun 23, 2024, 7:13 PM

It’s been a minute difference now. Another thing to think about is how the cards will be stacked against us. The acc will get one team in the playoff. The acc winner that’s it. Don’t believe me wait and see. That’s a huge competitive disadvantage.

Re: Dude, wheres the confusion ?

Jun 23, 2024, 7:16 PM

Until now*

Vandy doesn't reinvest in football program..

Jun 23, 2024, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Dude, wheres the confusion ? ]

with their revenue share. This is common knowledge.

Should have been..

Jun 23, 2024, 8:46 PM

'in "the" football program'

Re: The Big 10 and SEC have been taking in more money than the ACC

Jun 22, 2024, 1:20 PM [ in reply to The Big 10 and SEC have been taking in more money than the ACC ]

Yeah I’m not sure if you’ve heard lately but it’s now legal to offer high school and college players hundreds of thousands and sometimes millions of dollars to play at your school for a brief period of time. Soon the colleges will pay the players directly and those with the most money will have the best teams and coaches.

The problem is that it's Professional Football now. Not college anymore.***

Jun 22, 2024, 2:02 PM [ in reply to The Big 10 and SEC have been taking in more money than the ACC ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2024, 2:26 PM [ in reply to The Big 10 and SEC have been taking in more money than the ACC ]

Texas and TAMU have had more money than everyone else for decades and they have no natties, since the has been from UNC won one at Texas...Aggies as you know will spend any amount of money to win...had to leave the big12 cause they could not beat Texas or Okie or Baylor! SEC is no easier!

Jun 22, 2024, 2:39 PM

Please watch the semifinal games from last year - you may see Texas in one of those games

Jun 23, 2024, 8:42 AM

First time in forever!

Jun 22, 2024, 4:28 PM [ in reply to The Big 10 and SEC have been taking in more money than the ACC ]

You’re living in the past. Things have changed and money matters today more than it did before things changes with NIL.

Jun 22, 2024, 4:56 PM [ in reply to The Big 10 and SEC have been taking in more money than the ACC ]

Until now, it has been illegal to pay players. Huge change with advent of NIL.

Jun 23, 2024, 6:00 PM [ in reply to The Big 10 and SEC have been taking in more money than the ACC ]

It has hurt us the last 3 yrs as the playing field has become less equal and recruiting now has no rules and neither do transfer requirements.

And this gap is only going to get wider for us as long as we remain in the ACC.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 7:15 PM

I disagree there. Talent is more spread out than it has ever been. It’s more equal. Maybe not in the money side but less teams are stacking talent like they were.

Jun 22, 2024, 5:07 PM

Good grief, what did you expect him to say? His livelihood depends on him taking a big bite of a crap sandwich and acting like it taste as good as the first homegrown tomato sandwich of the season. I am sure for his million+ salary we would do the same

Jun 23, 2024, 6:18 PM

Hey I am of the mindset after seeing what Phillips has done in the ACC he's the old commish
Swofford 2.0.

Jun 23, 2024, 8:05 AM

If all that Clemson is can be found on a football field in the fall then we are a dismal failure...so many on this site are so myopic that most here must not be graduates, only football fanatic trolls! If we are not as great as you think the SEC is the Clemson and surely may be a failure! A shrine to payed players bashing their heads on Saturday can never be as noble as creating an educated respectable citizen...you are only interested in paid failure...Dabo knows!

Jun 23, 2024, 6:06 PM

A successful football program brought in a lot of dollars to elevate both our academic and athletic programs, not to mention the growth in our national brand and overall attractiveness as a school of higher learning.

Most of us just want to see us be able to continue to compete on a level playing field for the best student athletes available in order to continue this run of academic and athletic success.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So everything is

Jun 23, 2024, 8:28 AM

Tell the world I can do more and be better with $45 million than you can be with your $75 million and then go prove it.

Clemson has the leadership to prove it but the ACC office does NOT. I look at the Jim Phillips era as being in 4 stages so far and the 5th is in progress:

1. Glad I got away from NW before my career was ruined and now I can catch my breath

2. Nothing wrong with what Swoffie did and now I can catch my breath

3. The landscape is changing, the ACC doesnt need to expand and I liked moving the offices to Charlotte so now I can catch my breath.

4. Dissent among the 7 members so I'll go find 2 more schools that have nothing, will be thankful and vote for the company way. That was hard so now I'll catch my breath.

5. The lawsuits, oh crap, to be continued ...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So everything is

Jun 23, 2024, 6:21 PM

After Phillips left NW they are now in a Multi-Million Dollars football facilities
upgrade!

Replies: 31
| visibility 3605
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic