Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Snow story in Clemson, approx 1954-58
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Snow story in Clemson, approx 1954-58

Jan 22, 2022, 11:25 PM

My dad graduated in 58 and seems like he told the story of the students rolling a giant snowball out into the road by Bowman Field, I think. It was big enough to block traffic. A Clemson cop tried to move or ram it with his patrol car - unsuccessfully.

Any of you older alumni there from 54-58 or so know anything about this?

Also, if any of y'all are from that era, please Tmail me. I'm curious if you knew my dad. He was the commander of Pershing Rifles one year. Dairy Science major, Army ROTC. He passed away in 05 but I'd love to hear from someone who knew him at old Clemson College.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Snow story in Clemson, approx 1954-58

Jan 23, 2022, 12:00 AM

My dad graduated in '59, lives in Clemson, and attends all FB/BKB/BB games. Tmail me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2022, 10:40 AM

My Dad also was a class of 59.

Jan 23, 2022, 12:07 AM

You might want to check out old THE TIGER newspaper articles shown online by Tiger Prints. If it happened at old Clemson College, there was usually a story about it in THE TIGER. I'm finding some amazing stuff in those old editions. If your dad commanded the PRs, you might find a story about him.

Excellent source. I was the Editor-in-Chief my junior year

Jan 23, 2022, 4:33 AM

from 1967-1968, and the Clemson Library kept bound editions of all "The Tiger" papers in those days. Don't know if they have retained them or not. I've used the source you mentioned and had some big laughs at some of the events during my days at CU.

The paper, one of the oldest in the nation, was the main source of communication, not only on campus, but in the community, as well. It was one of the largest organizations, had a large suite of offices on the ninth floor above the Loggia, and was widely distributed early Friday mornings. It also garnered a number of top awards nationally and statewide and was used as a source by most all the major dailies and weeklies in S.C. and parts of N.C., including Charlotte.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2022, 11:16 AM

I was in class of 1958 and I dont remember snowball
reply to: charlieb606@gmail.com

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic