Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should have kicked the short field goal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Should have kicked the short field goal

Sep 19, 2021, 7:06 PM

instead of going for it on 4th and two. That extra 3 points would have mad a lot of difference psychologically speaking as well as what we could have done as far as play calling with a 2 score lead verses a one score lead.

That one is on Dabo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should have kicked the short field goal

Sep 19, 2021, 7:14 PM

I agree whole completely. It would be a nice gesture for him to say "We were not prepared and that is my fault, but I will have it corrected by next week." Don't like all this sugar coating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2021, 7:35 PM

we know it and we saw it. They won big there last year and figured they would just show up and win big again. There is an entitlement and complacency to this group that needed to go with that no show opener but is firmly entrenched. We need a windshield mentality and not the chauffer driven limo with tinted glass between front and back seat mentality we have now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2021, 7:16 PM

I was thinking the same thing during the game, didn’t understand. If our offense is struggling let’s get the points when we can

Sep 19, 2021, 8:37 PM

I agree fully. Take a 2 score lead the kick off and pin them deep.

I think it was also a subtle message to the offense that we’re afraid you won’t get back down here too many more times.

This was another one of those weird Georgia Tech

Sep 19, 2021, 8:51 PM

games. The way it was going, they probably would have blocked it for a Kick 6.

Sep 19, 2021, 9:05 PM

Exactly. You are only up by one score. Kick the field goal and go up by two scores. You are only a cornerback slipping and falling to being tied (and that almost happened a couple of plays later). If your up by two scores and you want to challenge your boys, go for it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2021, 9:58 PM

This one does not give me as much heartburn as a lot of other things from the game. Trying to give DJ and the O a little bump that we believe in them and build some confidence. Should have something we can run to successfully covert 4th and 2 against them, but alas, no joy in Tigertown.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic