»
Topic: Shipley Slipped On Turf
Replies: 8   Last Post: Oct 25, 2021, 1:09 PM by: pointcove
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

Shipley Slipped On Turf

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 6:37 AM

It appeared Will Shipley was about to break a couple of good runs and slipped after breaking loose. I noted the Pitt player slipped on the turf on the kickoff too. I can’t wait to see him break a 70 yard run.

flag link

Re: Shipley Slipped On Turf

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 6:51 AM

Will is going to break a kick off return one of these days. He is coming close. His kick return average yards is good as is.

flag link

[2]
Oct 25, 2021, 7:09 AM

Unfortunately he has slipped 2-3 times in every game he has played in. Hopefully he learns to run with a better center of gravity in the near future, because as you mentioned it does look like he is close to breaking a few.

flag link

Oct 25, 2021, 8:40 AM

Turf Monster keeps popping up! His small feet that give him more speed also causes him to lose his footing especially when running downhill like he does.

flag link

Small feet?

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:15 AM

You his cobbler or something?

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Oct 25, 2021, 1:09 PM

What size shoe does he wear?

flag link

[2]
Oct 25, 2021, 8:58 AM

Commentators noted on his first slip that the turf at Pitt is unusual, i.e. much higher grass length (or turf length, I'm not sure what their surface is) than Clemson is used to, and that may have contributed.

2021 student level member flag link

Oct 25, 2021, 9:13 AM

It also rained pretty good there until noonish that day, which would have cause the slipping but if the field is high and does not drain well. However,on that one run where it looked like he could have broke it but just tripped with noone around him, it could have been the deep turf(?), but in my opinion he does it too often to just be turf.

flag link

Oct 25, 2021, 9:21 AM

Shipley gets arm tackled at his ankles a lot. I don’t know if that’s a weakness of his or if it just appears that way as he’s doing a great job of diving and always getting an extra 3 yards once tackled.

flag link

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: South Carolina
FOR SALE: Selling 2 upper decks shoot me a call 8648386797

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
2152 people have read this post