GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Shipley and Pace
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 4  

Shipley and Pace

emoji_events [7]
Dec 1, 2021, 9:37 AM

they probably should have included Mafah too. They all seem to fit well and are productive.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/clemsons-leading-rushers-shipley-pace-get-along-quite-well-in-backfield/ar-AARl7Yf?ocid=BingNewsSearch

flag link

Re: Shipley and Pace

[4]
Dec 1, 2021, 10:17 AM

I hope we can keep all 3 happy enough to stay at Clemson long term. All 3 bring their own set of skills that are beneficial to the team. That said, odds are there will be 1 of them that gets fewer carries and may get frustrated.

flag link

[1]
Dec 1, 2021, 10:33 AM

I think more guys are willing to split time on a good team because they're more likely to get noticed that way. Alabama (rare case, I know) routinely puts a couple backs in the league who are in a rotation. It's pretty rare that they have a bellcow who carries the load the way Derrick Henry did.

I'm sure Tavien Feaster wishes he'd hung around another year. I don't know if he's even in a semi-pro league these days.

Another benefit to splitting carries is load management. We all know running backs have a short shelf life, so if you can split those carries two or three ways, you can save a year on the backend of your career.

flag link

[1]
Dec 1, 2021, 10:45 AM

Was Pace injured during the game? He had a very low number of carries.

flag link

Shipley and Pace were in the game together several times.

[2]
Dec 1, 2021, 10:55 AM

That was kinda cool to see.

flag link

Replies: 4  
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
1887 people have read this post