Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shipley - a real winner!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Shipley - a real winner!

Nov 30, 2021, 6:30 PM

My sister sent me this. She did not write it and she notes it is copied. Shipley is a real winner!

Copied
I went to Clemson with a friend today and went in Tigertown Graphics while there. When we were checking out, we were talking to the man who works there. We were talking about Will Shipley and the “Sh1p Happens” t-shirt and how Will is making money off each shirt sold, thanks to NIL. The man then told us that he has sold MANY of these shirts, and Will Shipley won’t take a dime. He said he donates all of the money he makes to the Children’s Hospital in Charlotte. Every penny. This makes me love this kid even more. With all the talk of NIL “ruining college football” and the debate over whether or not players should receive money, etc…, it’s reassuring and comforting to see a 19 yr old kid “get it.” If you’ve got young children, and they need an athlete to admire and follow—then  Shipley is the guy. He’s humble, dedicated, and, obviously charitable and selfless. Not to mention the young man is one heck of a football player! I’m excited about his future as a Tiger and beyond. A Clemson man indeed. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shipley - a real winner!

Nov 30, 2021, 6:33 PM

Amen!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2021, 6:34 PM

Amen

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#1 as in ONE!

Nov 30, 2021, 6:47 PM

Go Ship & Go Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #1 as in ONE!

Dec 1, 2021, 2:33 PM

california tiger's post sure brightened my day.lucky to have him on our side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 30, 2021, 6:50 PM

What a wonderful young man!!!

That’s awesome***

Nov 30, 2021, 7:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2021, 7:17 PM

I hope this is true. Rumors/gossip don't make facts. I would love to see a source straight from Shiply stating this.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I try to save a life a day, usually it is my own.

I heard there is a sign stating this at Tigertown Graphics

Nov 30, 2021, 8:25 PM

That proceeds go to Charlotte Children’s hospital.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Nov 30, 2021, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Shipley - a real winner! ]

Tigertown Graphics online store says same.

Dec 1, 2021, 2:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Shipley - a real winner! ]

A lot of people that does good like is being talked about with Shipley, they don't brag about the good that they do bc they don't want to be propped up on a pedestal. They do it for themselves and how it makes their heart feel when they are able to do good things for all people, and it's never about the hip hip who rays, or about a statue built, or a song written about they bc it all comes from their heart. They are never wanting, or expecting any gratitude from it by others!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2021, 9:29 PM

Thank you for sharing. It is so uplifting at this moment to hear of someone, anyone, who is not in college sports for the money grab. I'm proud that Will Shipley is a Tiger.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 1, 2021, 2:40 AM

When the shirts were announced he said he was going to donate the profit! That is awesome and I guarantee I love it. But the profit is after he pays for his meetings, his meals, his time for signing shirts that could be $800/hr or whatever he decides his rate is. Plus he has to pay the agents, the seller and the maker. That said, I love the dude, but donating profits vary greatly.

This kidney donations Thrift shop in the lowcountry gets all their donations free, sell everything, creates jobs, but they figure 1-3% is is all the profit they make from selling free donations. But yet the owner has opened 6 stores and has multiple houses, planes, stores, employees, etc but he gives his profits to Kidney foundations. Got in trouble a couple yrs because there is supposed to be 5% min donation.

So, while I am happy for Shipley, I dont trust the numbers. And honestly he might not even know what the numbers are, he gets a few $K per month and he is happy. But believe me same is true for Tnet, Iptay, etc, that sells goodies!

There could be SOME truth to this…

Dec 1, 2021, 7:11 AM

Or there could be NONE…

Will Shipley is becoming a living legend at Clemson. I guess the haters are gonna hate..

Go Tigers ??

I'm not sure it's a haters gonna hate thing so much as

Dec 1, 2021, 11:05 AM

someone providing some balance to the ZOMG WILL SHIPLEY IS A NATIONAL HERO AND LIVING LEGEND BECAUSE HE'S SINGLE HANDEDLY SAVING CHILDREN'S LIVES DUE TO HUMILITY AND GENEROUSITY.

Also consider that he very probably comes from an economic background of not needing/wanting for much and that certainly plays a factor in his ability to donate. If you know the area in NC that he's from, you'd understand what I'm saying.

We have players that are borderline hungry when they return home I can assure you. They may actually use NIL money to help their parents pay bills.

Big difference.

I mean, I love what Will is doing...don't get me wrong. Just consider that there are multiple factors at work here.

Dec 1, 2021, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Shipley - a real winner! ]

That said, im bought one to help Shipley and to help the children, its all a good cause and if I can help both at dame time, I am in.

Actually just bought another for my little sis, who aint so little and has 3 kids, but is slightly autistic.

So we should be on the look out for Harry and Marv

Dec 1, 2021, 4:21 AM

to rob Tiger Town Graphics at midnight on Christmas Eve.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Ship Donation History

Dec 1, 2021, 10:57 AM

But, if the Children got $20 dollars out of this it is more than they would have received if no donation was made. I admire the Kid for what he is doing. Will buy my three grandchildren shirts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2021, 2:43 PM

"A portion of all sales goes to benefit The Levine Children’s Hospital in Charlotte."

https://tigertowngraphics.com/products/ship-happens?_pos=1&_sid=96ab500b4&_ss=r

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic