Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Serious question

Jul 31, 2021, 11:51 AM

Will Clemson require students to be masked inside school facilities in the Fall? UofSC just announced yesterday that students must wear masks inside campus facilities due to the low vaccination and high transmission rates in Richland County.

Will this be a domino effect or will Clemson just analyze based off numbers in the surrounding area?

Certainly hope there will no be mask requirement. I am sure many students are vaccinated. However, no one should ever be required to get a vaccine that was just recently developed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious question

Jul 31, 2021, 12:31 PM

Clemson was "taking into account" what USC is doing, but also said bet since they are both state schools, they will be on the somewhat the same wave length. They reiterated that they took their time last year (delayed bringing everyone back) to make the "right" decision, and said they will take their time again this year to make any required adjustments to policy

Also, according to administration yesterday, as long as vaccine is still under "emergency approval", there will be no mandates to get it. Reason being until there is full approval from FDA, they are open to lawsuits (as is anyone else). Once full blown approval is granted all bets are off.

BTW, sit on a board for Student and Family Transitions, and we had meeting yesterday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2021, 12:45 PM

People keep harping on the idea that the vaccine is "new", or"untested". There have been 4.1 billion shots administered in the world and 38 million are being administered each day. In the US there have been 345 million doses given and 164 million people are fully vaccinated. Now the surge in new cases of the virus are the unvaccinated and is in the upper 90 percent range. The evidence shows that the small percentage of vaccinated who get the virus do not experience as sever symptoms as the unvaccinated and have a lower death rate.

My God, what more evidence do people need to understand that the vaccine is safe and effective?
Besides, the vaccinated can spread the virus to other people. So put the #### mask on!

Message was edited by: tiger kid®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2021, 1:33 PM

You say 4 billion have been given-no disagreement there.
being generous- we will use half of that
what proof- does anybody have that even half of those people would have come down with covid?
Coming from somebody that has taken care of covid patients.

I saw people get through the first wave without the shot- decided to get the shot and then ended up with the delta variant.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic