Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC haters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

SEC haters

Aug 1, 2021, 5:51 PM

I know my thinking is different now that I am almost 70 but I just don't get why so many of my fellow Tiger lovers hate the SEC. Now that we are again a national power, I actually think we benefit by the SEC being the top conference in football. Yeah, I know, another crazy old guy but think about this.

When TV contracts are done, might we benefit from the SEC because we are a Top 2 or 3 (maybe #1) program and ESPN needs us on their channels? We most certainly, and so do the other ACC teams, benefit when we make the Playoffs. Is the payout larger because of the SEC? We compete with SEC teams for many of the top recruits and in addition to kids wanting to learn from and play for our coaches, might some of them want to beat the SEC? If our only competition was the weak ACC schools, would we have the facilities we have?

To be the best, you have to beat the best. Go Tigers and let the SEC do their thing and we will do ours, win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of it stems from a dislike of the fans of SEC schools

Aug 1, 2021, 6:29 PM

and for us, this is magnified by being around coots and dawgs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC haters

Aug 1, 2021, 6:49 PM

I agree. The amount of SEC haters on this board is just silly. I understand the dislike of SC and Georgia, but come on. Clemson benefits from those rivalries way more than any game we play against ACC opponents except maybe Florida State. Anyone who doesn't think Clemson would benefit from joining the SEC are also equally delusional. Maybe not now but when things all shake out Clemson will be in the SEC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Clemson joins the SEC, we will have to do it soon.

Aug 1, 2021, 6:58 PM

Both Pollack and Herbstreet said this weekend that Clemson needs to come to the SEC. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. We have the second best all time record in the CFP, Bama is 8-3 overall and Clemson is 6-4 overall.

While ESPN is the best monetary solution for Clemson, I'm not impressed with the ESPN leadership's lack of professionalism as mentioned regarding the story today on Tiger Illustrated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to read the article on Tiger Illustrated today

Aug 1, 2021, 6:51 PM

regarding the recent unprofessional and despicable letter from ESPN's leader sent to the Big 12 leader. There has to be some federal guidelines that can challenge the antics ESPN is pursuing.

I'm 62 years old, and as the old saying goes, "absolute power corrupts absolutely." I look forward to the eventual court proceedings involving ESPN's takeover that will likely begin within the next 12-15 months.

Would be like a dream come true to see them go bankrupt.***

Aug 1, 2021, 8:19 PM

Re: SEC haters

Aug 1, 2021, 9:06 PM

Nobody has even noticed that if Clemson was in the SEC, us playing the Coots would have to disappear for a few years every so often due to normal conference rotations.

I didn’t mind the SEC before eSECpn ruined it for

Aug 1, 2021, 9:10 PM

everyone else. Their bias is sickening but I understand the greed motive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe you nailed it

Aug 1, 2021, 11:28 PM

I don't begrudge the SEC's status as the top football conference largely driven by Bama and conference second tier bench depth (minus uSC and Vandy).

I do dry heave over ESPN B.S. which is mirrored by Fox's love of Buckeyes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn’t mind the SEC before eSECpn ruined it for

Aug 2, 2021, 12:14 AM [ in reply to I didn’t mind the SEC before eSECpn ruined it for ]

everyone else. Their bias is sickening but I understand the greed motive.

THIS! ^^^

$EC + E$PN = Monopoly

Aug 2, 2021, 12:15 AM

Bias
Do we want a TV network to have financial ties to a team or a conference?

Seems like it violates some anti trust laws. I think TV networks should negotiate with NCAA , not individuzl teams or individual conferences.

The SEC chose the Coots over Clemson

Aug 2, 2021, 12:48 PM

That should be enough reason right there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic