Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sans rejects NIL demands from (some) players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

Sans rejects NIL demands from (some) players

Jan 29, 2023, 7:29 PM

Might be germans but I didn't see it here? It popped up on Microsoft news page today.

---------------------

Alabama's Nick Saban rejected 2 players who were searching for $1.3 million combined in NIL money: report

If you want to play for Alabama, you might not get your way when it comes to NIL money.

According to OutKick, Nick Saban had no problems letting a top recruit and one of his own players go recently after they asked for over $1 million combined from the school.

Saban attended the ALFCA (Alabama Football Coaches Association) Convention in Montgomery, Alabama, on Thursday night, where he reportedly told fellow coaches about the two players' requests and his decision to let them go.

"Someone with one of the best corners in the nation (in high school) came to me and asked if we’d pay them $800,000 for the player to sign here. I told him he can find another place to play," Saban said, according to Baker High School coach Steve Normand. "I’m not paying a kid a bunch of NIL money before he earns it."

Normand added that Saban feels the NCAA "needs more ways and means to control it because it’s getting out of hand."

Saban later added that he lost 10 players, including a starter, to the portal already.

"One of them wanted $500,000 and for us to get his girlfriend into law school at Alabama and pay for it. I showed him the door," Saban reportedly said.

It's unknown who Saban was referring to. He did not mention names or schools, but it's possible he was talking about Javion Cohen, who transferred to Miami.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic