Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Running Back Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Running Back Recruiting

Aug 10, 2022, 9:36 AM

Good morning. I am not on here too often, so I may have missed any discussions. Did Clemson back off on their interest in Jarvis Green from Dutch Fork? I watched him play last week in a scrimmage against Greenville High, and he scored on the very first play.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe Clemson is making him wait until

Aug 10, 2022, 9:43 AM

Baxter officially declares to Texas

and

Johnson officially declares to Miami

Could be awhile.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One off the board… Cedric Baxter to Texas***

Aug 10, 2022, 7:24 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running Back Recruiting

Aug 10, 2022, 10:08 AM

Waiting on others to decide i think is correct. After watching Green play what was your impression? Is he a smaller speed back? Is he a guy who simply outruns guys to the outside in HS or did he also run between the tackles?

TIA

Aug 10, 2022, 10:18 AM

Thanks everyone for the outlook. As far as watching Jarvis play in high school...I am not as knowledgeable as a lot of folks on here, but I think he can pretty much do everything. He can run through the tackles and around them, and if he gets to the backfield you're not going to catch him. I can't remember if he was used as a receiver last year, but I am sure that could easily be in his bag of tricks. Watching him and Antonio Williams play last year was awesome.

Aug 10, 2022, 12:45 PM

Except for that last one. Hail Hail GHS. Na just kidding that program is pumping out great talent. I honestly cannot wait to see Antonio Williams and believe he will see the field early.

I'm pretty familiar with Jarvis

Aug 10, 2022, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Running Back Recruiting ]

He most likely would commit to Clemson on the spot if he's offered, but he's not at the top of our board. Having seen him play, to me he's not elite at one particular thing (which you'd prefer), but he's not bad at anything either. He currently has no stars, but he's at a minimum a high 3-star type guy. He's one of those guys that will probably get more buzz from other power 5 schools late in the process once all the well known RBs have been scooped up.

Aug 10, 2022, 12:47 PM

Nice try COOT!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice first post...

Aug 10, 2022, 12:51 PM

coot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 10, 2022, 5:19 PM

Just for ***** and giggles I went and looked at the 2018 Alabama roster that we defeated for a national championship. I paid particular attention to the RB position. Now granted I'm just a casual onlooker so what do I know but there appears to be a glaring disparity between the level of talent between the two teams. Listed below are players from both teams currently on NFL rosters.

Alabama.

Damien Harris - New England Patriots
Josh Jacobs - Raiders
Najee Harris - Pittsburgh
Jerome Ford - Cleveland
Brain Robinson - Washington

Clemson

Travis Etienne - Jacksonville

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2022, 6:14 PM

Wayne Gallman plays for the Giants

Aug 10, 2022, 6:45 PM

Gallman was not on the 2018 team. Not sure he plays for the giants anymore either.

We won’t national championship with Wayne Gallman

Aug 10, 2022, 12:42 PM

He was also a 4th round puck by the Giants.

He’s kicked around the league with the Giants, 49ers, and Vikings. Right now he’s a free agent.

But the point is ... we won a national championship over Alabama with Wayne Gallman at RB.

This in spite of the massive recruiting superiority that Alabama has enjoyed at the RB position.

We’re not able to attract 5-star RBs like Alabama, but we’ve proven that attracting 5-star QBs can overcome a lack of star power at RB.

We have three former 5-star QBs right now with another on the way.

This seems to suggest that running backs don’t matter.

Aug 10, 2022, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Running Back Recruiting ]

Based on our recent recruiting at the RB position, that would be wonderful news if true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It matters a great deal in a global sense and it will matter

Aug 10, 2022, 10:24 PM

again very soon.

It just doesn’t matter all that much right this minute.

Okay.***

Aug 10, 2022, 10:59 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic