GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNETs™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus TNETs™!

Love Love Love!
monetization_on 1000
Quality Content
monetization_on 1000
Big Fish
monetization_on 1000
Hmm
monetization_on 1000
Flammable
monetization_on 1000
Caring
monetization_on 1000
Nom Nom Nom
monetization_on 1000
Ooo, Shiny!
monetization_on 1000
Hear ye, hear ye
monetization_on 1000
Cheers
monetization_on 1000
Bravo
monetization_on 500
Grats
monetization_on 1000
Take My Coins
monetization_on 1000
Great Idea!
monetization_on 1000
Nope
monetization_on 1000

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Running Back Recruiting
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 15  

Running Back Recruiting

[2]
Aug 10, 2022, 9:36 AM

Good morning. I am not on here too often, so I may have missed any discussions. Did Clemson back off on their interest in Jarvis Green from Dutch Fork? I watched him play last week in a scrimmage against Greenville High, and he scored on the very first play.

flag link

I believe Clemson is making him wait until

[1]
Aug 10, 2022, 9:43 AM

Baxter officially declares to Texas

and

Johnson officially declares to Miami

Could be awhile.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

One off the board… Cedric Baxter to Texas***

Aug 10, 2022, 7:24 PM

2022 purple level member flag link

Re: Running Back Recruiting

Aug 10, 2022, 10:08 AM

Waiting on others to decide i think is correct. After watching Green play what was your impression? Is he a smaller speed back? Is he a guy who simply outruns guys to the outside in HS or did he also run between the tackles?

TIA

flag link

[1]
Aug 10, 2022, 10:18 AM

Thanks everyone for the outlook. As far as watching Jarvis play in high school...I am not as knowledgeable as a lot of folks on here, but I think he can pretty much do everything. He can run through the tackles and around them, and if he gets to the backfield you're not going to catch him. I can't remember if he was used as a receiver last year, but I am sure that could easily be in his bag of tricks. Watching him and Antonio Williams play last year was awesome.

flag link

Aug 10, 2022, 12:45 PM

Except for that last one. Hail Hail GHS. Na just kidding that program is pumping out great talent. I honestly cannot wait to see Antonio Williams and believe he will see the field early.

flag link

I'm pretty familiar with Jarvis

Aug 10, 2022, 7:47 PM

He most likely would commit to Clemson on the spot if he's offered, but he's not at the top of our board. Having seen him play, to me he's not elite at one particular thing (which you'd prefer), but he's not bad at anything either. He currently has no stars, but he's at a minimum a high 3-star type guy. He's one of those guys that will probably get more buzz from other power 5 schools late in the process once all the well known RBs have been scooped up.

flag link

[1]
Aug 10, 2022, 12:47 PM

Nice try COOT!!!

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

Nice first post...

[3]
Aug 10, 2022, 12:51 PM

coot

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

[1]
Aug 10, 2022, 5:19 PM

Just for ***** and giggles I went and looked at the 2018 Alabama roster that we defeated for a national championship. I paid particular attention to the RB position. Now granted I'm just a casual onlooker so what do I know but there appears to be a glaring disparity between the level of talent between the two teams. Listed below are players from both teams currently on NFL rosters.

Alabama.

Damien Harris - New England Patriots
Josh Jacobs - Raiders
Najee Harris - Pittsburgh
Jerome Ford - Cleveland
Brain Robinson - Washington

Clemson

Travis Etienne - Jacksonville

flag link

Aug 10, 2022, 6:14 PM

Wayne Gallman plays for the Giants

flag link

[1]
Aug 10, 2022, 6:45 PM

Gallman was not on the 2018 team. Not sure he plays for the giants anymore either.

flag link

We won’t national championship with Wayne Gallman

Aug 10, 2022, 10:20 PM

He was also a 4th round puck by the Giants.

He’s kicked around the league with the Giants, 49ers, and Vikings. Right now he’s a free agent.

But the point is ... we won a national championship over Alabama with Wayne Gallman at RB.

This in spite of the massive recruiting superiority that Alabama has enjoyed at the RB position.

We’re not able to attract 5-star RBs like Alabama, but we’ve proven that attracting 5-star QBs can overcome a lack of star power at RB.

We have three former 5-star QBs right now with another on the way.

flag link

This seems to suggest that running backs don’t matter.

Aug 10, 2022, 8:32 PM

Based on our recent recruiting at the RB position, that would be wonderful news if true.

Cobbox on Brad Brownell: “His only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

It matters a great deal in a global sense and it will matter

Aug 10, 2022, 10:24 PM

again very soon.

It just doesn’t matter all that much right this minute.

flag link

Okay.***

Aug 10, 2022, 10:59 PM

Cobbox on Brad Brownell: “His only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 15  
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
2442 people have read this post