Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Roster Management going to be key in future
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 646

Roster Management going to be key in future

Oct 25, 2021, 12:41 PM

Because of Nil Transfer portal rules of NCAA(I don’t agree with) and that kids of today don’t want to back up anymore as depth you will have to manage your roster like a professional team in all sports Throw in a high rate of injuries and offering too many legacy coaches kids and friends kids and you are in deep trinkets as we are this year We sure could use Chase Brice Nyles Pickney Jordan Williams Mike Jones Derion Kendrick Anthony Williams

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no disrespect to any of those players, would our record be

Oct 25, 2021, 12:51 PM

any different with any of them playing? I don't think Dabo plays Chase over DJU. None of those other players change our record

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd look at it in reverse........

Oct 25, 2021, 2:55 PM

does having a transfer in place of the following change our record?

WRs all put on Scholarship at some point.
Will Swinney
Drew Swinney
Max May (??)
Will Brown

Meanwhile, at Bama they get Jameson Williams from the portal as a "backfill" to losing players to the portal.

We lose guys to the portal and don't even replace them in recruiting in the next class b/c our class size remains in the 16-20 range regardless. So the math tells you the scholarships are going ELSEWHERE and that's to the "hard working" practice dummy type players that have a lot of heart............................a couple of those are fine and good stories, but it's pretty absurd right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 646
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic