»
Topic: Rodney Williams story
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 25, 2021, 2:16 PM by: silvavocati
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Rodney Williams story

emoji_events [6]
Sep 25, 2021, 12:14 PM

Over 25 yrs ago, I was doing a summer internship at a private top 100 golf club. You weren’t supposed to get to play the course unless you were a member but I remember mgt allowing exceptions for folks such as Michael Jordan, and a couple of actors and country music singers that I’d never heard of.

My first day of running the pro shop by myself, I got a call from someone named Rodney Williams, wanting to play the course. Being an avid Clemson fan since birth, I knew that the former Clemson qb currently worked for his dad at Budweiser in Greenville, and that’s what had shown up on caller ID when he had called.

I agreed to let him play and he was ecstatic. When he arrived, he shook my hand and introduced himself. After confirming that I was the one that he had spoken to on the phone, he attempted too pay me extra $ for letting him play. When I wouldn’t accept the extra money, he said hold on a second.

He went out to his suv and when he returned, he said “I also brought brought early Christmas presents.” He handed me 2 suitcases of Budweiser and a vhs tape (that’s how long this has been) of what he said was the just leaked Pamela Anderson sex tape. When he left to park his vehicle, I sent a cart attendant, in a golf cart, to pick him up. He asked the cart attendant how many employees were working with him and let him get a suitcase of Budweiser to take back for all of them.

Af closing time, we all cracked open a cold Budweiser, courtesy of Rodney, and began checking out the Pam Anderson tape. Needless to say, it did not disappoint. All cart staff became Clemson fans that day and 2 coot fans even converted and have become life long Tiger fans.

flag link

Re: Rodney Williams story

[3]
Sep 25, 2021, 12:22 PM

I met him at a business function one night. Some how it came out that I ate potato chip sandwiches. While everyone was laughing at me, Rodney saved the night by admitting he makes French fry sandwiches.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

I’ve put potatoe chips in my sandwiches since I was a kid.***

[1]
Sep 25, 2021, 12:28 PM

flag link

Potato chips on a sandwich is called Country Lettuce.***

[1]
Sep 25, 2021, 12:33 PM

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

[2]
Sep 25, 2021, 12:23 PM

Great story. I miss Rodney on the radio and I miss him running the option, it was a thing of beauty.

flag link

[1]
Sep 25, 2021, 12:35 PM

Just a funny story but I love Rodney and he gave us a lifetime of memories .I can't remember what home game it was but Rodney was being very quiet down on the field and Jim Phillips said " Rodney are you there ? " Rodney replied " I'm here Jim , just watching the game ." Jim said back " We don't pay you to just watch the game Rodney ! " Just a funny memory that makes me laugh a little to this day . But thank you Rodney! You won big games and ran the option great !

flag link

Reminiscent of the scene in

Sep 25, 2021, 2:16 PM

Shawshank, where they all enjoy a beer - after Dufresne almost got thrown off the building. Maybe not as dramatic though.

flag link

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Florida State
FOR SALE: 2 South Club tickets for Florida State. These are club level sideline tickets in section 3. It's a c...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
937 people have read this post