Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rodney Williams story
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 451

Rodney Williams story

Sep 25, 2021, 12:14 PM

Over 25 yrs ago, I was doing a summer internship at a private top 100 golf club. You weren’t supposed to get to play the course unless you were a member but I remember mgt allowing exceptions for folks such as Michael Jordan, and a couple of actors and country music singers that I’d never heard of.

My first day of running the pro shop by myself, I got a call from someone named Rodney Williams, wanting to play the course. Being an avid Clemson fan since birth, I knew that the former Clemson qb currently worked for his dad at Budweiser in Greenville, and that’s what had shown up on caller ID when he had called.

I agreed to let him play and he was ecstatic. When he arrived, he shook my hand and introduced himself. After confirming that I was the one that he had spoken to on the phone, he attempted too pay me extra $ for letting him play. When I wouldn’t accept the extra money, he said hold on a second.

He went out to his suv and when he returned, he said “I also brought brought early Christmas presents.” He handed me 2 suitcases of Budweiser and a vhs tape (that’s how long this has been) of what he said was the just leaked Pamela Anderson sex tape. When he left to park his vehicle, I sent a cart attendant, in a golf cart, to pick him up. He asked the cart attendant how many employees were working with him and let him get a suitcase of Budweiser to take back for all of them.

Af closing time, we all cracked open a cold Budweiser, courtesy of Rodney, and began checking out the Pam Anderson tape. Needless to say, it did not disappoint. All cart staff became Clemson fans that day and 2 coot fans even converted and have become life long Tiger fans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rodney Williams story

Sep 25, 2021, 12:22 PM

I met him at a business function one night. Some how it came out that I ate potato chip sandwiches. While everyone was laughing at me, Rodney saved the night by admitting he makes French fry sandwiches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve put potatoe chips in my sandwiches since I was a kid.***

Sep 25, 2021, 12:28 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Potato chips on a sandwich is called Country Lettuce.***

Sep 25, 2021, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Rodney Williams story ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2021, 12:23 PM

Great story. I miss Rodney on the radio and I miss him running the option, it was a thing of beauty.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2021, 12:35 PM

Just a funny story but I love Rodney and he gave us a lifetime of memories .I can't remember what home game it was but Rodney was being very quiet down on the field and Jim Phillips said " Rodney are you there ? " Rodney replied " I'm here Jim , just watching the game ." Jim said back " We don't pay you to just watch the game Rodney ! " Just a funny memory that makes me laugh a little to this day . But thank you Rodney! You won big games and ran the option great !

Reminiscent of the scene in

Sep 25, 2021, 2:16 PM

Shawshank, where they all enjoy a beer - after Dufresne almost got thrown off the building. Maybe not as dramatic though.

Replies: 6
| visibility 451
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic