Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Road to the tourney just got alot tougher
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Road to the tourney just got alot tougher

Feb 4, 2023, 5:24 PM

now the last 3 chances for a statement win are all on the road; @ NC, @ State and @ UVa. Cuse would be a decent win at home, but the rest of the schedule isn't helping us. All bottom feeders with low NET and RPI in ND, L'ville and FSU. Can't afford to lose any of them.

4 of the last 5 games we have not played well. To many turnovers in several games, today hammered on the offensive boards. We still have it in us I believe, but this week off is crucial. Have to get our mojo back. Otherwise, barring a deep run in the ACC tourney, sadly I think we're on the outside looking in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which one?***

Feb 4, 2023, 5:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The only one that counts

Feb 4, 2023, 5:29 PM

barring a real collapse, NIT should be there, though that would be a huge disappointment

Re: The only one that counts

Feb 4, 2023, 5:37 PM

NIT cannot be considered anything but a failure

Feb 4, 2023, 5:40 PM

after the start this year

Dabo was right. Clemson fans are so spoiled.

Feb 4, 2023, 6:20 PM

We should celebrate making the NIT and even losing in the first game. It’s what great coaches do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

After 50 years of following Clemson basketball

Feb 4, 2023, 7:00 PM

how can one help but to be spoiled ;)

^^^POTD***

Feb 4, 2023, 8:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only one that counts

Feb 4, 2023, 7:26 PM [ in reply to The only one that counts ]

An NIT birth has to be the end of the Brownell Era at Clemson. I don't care what Walt says!!!

Re: Road to the tourney just got alot tougher

Feb 4, 2023, 5:29 PM

Yep it’s that time of year when the going gets tough for Clemson more times than not. Huge ask on winning any of those 3 away games.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Agree, we'll be the dog in each one

Feb 4, 2023, 5:38 PM

and goodness knows we have to win the other 4

Feb 4, 2023, 5:31 PM

Rebounding really hurt us today. Didn’t get our first offensive rebound until 9:20 left in the game. Miami got a lot more offensive boards. We keep getting the ball stripped out of our hands for turnovers. Ball security has hurt a lot in the last couple of games. Miami’s hot shooting hand for the first 4-5 minutes of the second half did us in.

Been one of my biggest concerns all year

Feb 4, 2023, 5:37 PM

Tyson has been outstanding on the boards, but no one else has had a consistent impact there. Our defense was nothing special today either, that absolutely has to be there

Offensive rebounding is nonexistent

Feb 4, 2023, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Road to the tourney just got alot tougher ]

If you watch our team, as soon as a shot is taken they head down the court. We don't even make an effort offensive rebounding. It is completely offensive...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Feb 4, 2023, 6:08 PM

Well, the good thing is lenardi dropped us just 1 seed to 10th. So we do have some room for error. We should still finish top 4 in acc. Cuse at home would be a quad 3...? Since at home.

Anyway, can't see a team tie or be sole top 4 in acc being left out. Except it could come down to the tournament. I'm thinking 5 acc teams still get in.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 6:13 PM

Lunardi has us in his bracket because we are an automatic qualifier…

Feb 4, 2023, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Road to the tourney just got alot tougher ]

“Should” seems a little strong considering we’re 1 loss away from a 5 way tie for 4th place. We only have tiebreakers with half the other teams in the top 7 of the conference. If we fail to beat UNC, I doubt we’ll manage to hold onto 4th place. Warren Nolan projects us to finish 4-3 which sounds about right. They also project us to finish in a 4 way tie for 3rd but that would make us the 5th/6th seed depending upon how tie breaker with NC State works.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic