Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Revised expectations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Revised expectations

Jan 28, 2023, 12:37 PM

If our Tigers hang onto the #1 spot in the ACC, I'd be thrilled. However, considering the meat of our schedule still remains in front of us, I think it's likely that UVa would supplant us at the top of the standings. They are coalescing nicely, as Bennett's Cavs usually do this time of year.

If we can keep more than 3 guards healthy at a time--a big "if"--we should be able to play with and defeat anybody else. Our bigs are deep, talented and grinders.

Road maturity is a big step, though. In order to make any kind of tournament run, we have to be able to start strong in hostile environments. We're still working on that.

I saw a revised projection of 15-5 for our Tigers. I think even 16-4 is possible.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair assessment… just think, we will have all guards back by

Jan 28, 2023, 12:48 PM

last part of the season headed into the ACC and NCAA tournament. That should make everyone optimistic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Revised expectations

Jan 28, 2023, 1:01 PM

I too think it's fair. I would add the acension of the young players. Clemson needs to get Hunter, Hemenway, and now Galloway heathy, but these young guys have shown so much growth. I look for little Hunter, Beadle, Godfrey and Wiggins to play big parts in this second half of the year. Go Tigers!

Jan 28, 2023, 1:16 PM

Sadly, unless we get Chase Hunter and Hemmingway today, we will get trounced by FSU. FSU is guard first and with no depth, it could be ugly but I hope we can hang with them. Injuries are just so much worse in basketball than in football because of depth.

Jan 28, 2023, 4:16 PM

Hadn't looked at FSU at all this year until today. After years of success with really big lineups, this year Hamilton is starting 4 guards.

They've only beaten 1 team with a winning record--Pitt--and in that game they shot 10-20 from 3.

If we can keep them to 40% from 3, not get in foul trouble and not turn the ball over, we can beat them. Our guys should dominate the boards--so long as they miss over half their shots.

Jan 28, 2023, 3:12 PM

They look like the best team we have on the remaining of our schedule....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic