Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Report on ACC ADs call today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Report on ACC ADs call today

Jul 1, 2022, 6:49 PM

The Athletic's Matt Fortuna reported on an ACC athletic directors call with the commish Jim Phillips:

https://twitter.com/Matt_Fortuna/status/1543000435140820999

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that's encouraging.***

Jul 1, 2022, 6:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Report on ACC ADs call today

Jul 1, 2022, 6:52 PM

Pretty humorous. Probably 6-10 Brutus' were on the call. Hopefully incl. Clemson. Every ACC university has to investigate multiple contingencies. In Clemson's case, that absolutely includes establishing SEC and B1G interest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2022, 8:36 PM

The schools that are looking are going to say what they know everyone wants to hear but you can bet that talks are occurring.

Jul 1, 2022, 6:53 PM

Denial is the first stage of loss

ACC GOR

Jul 1, 2022, 6:58 PM

Hats off to the person responsible for the ACC GOR. I am not saying that I like it but, that person is a genius. Time to get a good lawyer to find the loophole in the thing.

Lawyers write contracts to be broken.

Jul 1, 2022, 8:03 PM

You can write a will or prenuptial agreement or a basic contract between 2 people on a napkin or the back of an envelope that’s more ironclad than anything you would ever pay an attorney to write. You can do it in a few sentences or paragraphs when they will do it in pages. If you and the other party sign it and there’s a witness even better if it’s notarized and witnessed it’s rocksolid in a court of law. But contracts drawn up by lawyers were designed for job security for lawyers. It’s designed so lawyers can make thousands of dollars tens of thousands of dollars fighting it out in court rather than being written for the person that paid them.

I forget the name of the movie, but there’s a great George Clooney movie where he plays this attorney that is supposed to be the worlds greatest divorce attorney and he’s famous for his prenuptial agreement which is supposedly ironclad and it’s a really funny movie because it’s a very dry dark humor type movie and his role is very over-the-top. And Catherine Zeta Jones is an attorney that he goes up against and they fall in love and decide not to have a prenuptial agreement. It’s a really funny movie but also it is extremely satirical and sheds a lot of light on how the legal world actually works.

If anybody thinks the grant of rights can’t be broken they’re idiots. This is exactly the kind of thing lawyers want to get their hands on so they can make a small fortune.

I guarantee you the law firm that originally wrote it wrote it in a way that they could make a ton of money having to defend it in court.

I get advice from attorneys from time to time to run my business because I’m in the mortgage industry and real estate and the mortgage industry is nearly regulated as much as nuclear power plants. It’s ####### insane the compliance and regulations I have to deal with that banks and direct lenders do not! That’s the thing the banks don’t have to do any of the crap I do. It’s hilarious. It just shows you how corrupt our political system is. How corrupt the big government is. But I will get advice from attorneys often two or three that I’m friends with and tax attorneys. But I usually end up doing my own contracts my own compliance work and usually do my own taxes as well. Nowadays you can get really sophisticated tax software online especially if you use QuickBooks and have electronic bank statements. But I pay CPAs and tax attorneys for advice so I can maximize my ability to avoid taxes. Go to the IRS website or look on IRS documents you are normally see the phrase it is legal to avoid but illegal to evade.

There was a thread on here the other day about real estate. Anybody that makes close to $100,000 a year or more you should buy a rental property. The single biggest tax shelter in America is a rental real estate. That’s why I pretty much every doctor owns at least one or two rental properties. And depending on where you live Airbnb right now is super hot and bringing in far more money than even the ridiculous rents that you can get in Charleston and other places today. That’s why people need to be buying a house rather than sitting on the fence because no matter what the interest-rate is and what you pay for a house it’s still gonna be significantly cheaper than renting. And it’s an investment 20 to 30 years down the road.

I’ve posted this before. Everyone should read the book the millionaire next-door.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Re: Lawyers write contracts to be broken.

Jul 2, 2022, 10:58 AM

Would not Failure to Perform by the ACC not be a breach of contract. Since it was signed they have sat on their ### and done nothing to improve conference status thinking no one could leave due to Grant of Rights. When you take away motivation performance drops greatly

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2022, 7:07 PM

ACC gonna ACC

People need to wake up and recognize that the ACC thinks it’s like the Ivy League

Jul 1, 2022, 8:25 PM

For the most part ACC schools think they are above sports. They give lipservice but most of the big schools, by bigot mean places like Duke and UVA and UNC, they’ll put money into basketball an Olympic sports but only North Carolina’s serious about football and that comes and goes.

People need to realize we went into the toilet for almost 20 years because Max Lennon followed by Jim Barker did not want sports to overshadow academics at Clemson. I absolutely agree that sports should not be bigger than the university. Academics and educating the people of South Carolina is Clemson‘s first priority. But Clemson didn’t achieve its academic status today without big-time sports. When you have a big-time sports program it is literally worth tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising. Any school can tell you after winning a national championship in something like football or basketball applications skyrocket song for multiple years. The same way and we feel like top gun is the most powerful propaganda tool the military can have for recruitment. Big time sports bring disability to colleges and help with research grants and many other aspects that people just don’t think about. The amount of free press the amount of good press you get especially if you run a clean program is almost incalculable.

Clemson, Miami, Florida state, should make a move. UNC, NC State, Virginia Tech, would be wise to do something with us. But you know tobacco Road is always going to stick together. They’re too entrenched in North Carolina politics.

Jul 1, 2022, 7:13 PM

https://twitter.com/Matt_Fortuna/status/1543007640917360641

Jul 1, 2022, 7:27 PM

i wonder if the ACC will release a statement

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2022, 7:40 PM

Good. No SEC mention.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2022, 7:42 PM

That is the only option. I say again Colorado and Iowa State.

Dear ACC, GOR F yourself***

Jul 1, 2022, 7:55 PM

Jul 1, 2022, 8:34 PM

Now they are thinking of talking to the Big 12 after they were left for dead and left out of the Alliance?

It says if a school leaves, 100% of media rights go to the

Jul 1, 2022, 10:25 PM

ACC until 2036. That means zero media money for 12 years from 2024. If that is truly the case, then nobody is leaving. Notre Dame has an easier out because only their non-football media money would go to the ACC.

Am I wrong on this?

Re: It says if a school leaves, 100% of media rights go to the

Jul 1, 2022, 10:41 PM

ACC until 2036. That means zero media money for 12 years from 2024. If that is truly the case, then nobody is leaving. Notre Dame has an easier out because only their non-football media money would go to the ACC.

Am I wrong on this?

The way I understand it there’s an exit fee plus the surrender of media revenue until 2036. Remember, no exit alone is big enough to keep a school from bolting. That’s the lesson learned from Maryland. Hence, Swofford got the members to agree with the addition of a GoR. It holds a conference together all the way down to G5 status. Only new thing I’ve heard is that adding a new member could create a GoR reset of some sort that then could allow schools to pay the exit fee and bolt. No idea if that’s true, but that’s what’s being speculated.

Re: It says if a school leaves, 100% of media rights go to the

Jul 1, 2022, 10:55 PM

I've also read that if 8 or more members band together to leave at the same time a viability clause kicks in and the GOR is void at that point.

Do you have a link to that? That might be the golden goose.***

Jul 2, 2022, 10:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2022, 10:52 PM

The ACC can't add anyone because of this. Aside from possibly ND, which isn't happening anyway, adding anyone voids the GOR and the mass exodus will commence.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Joesh56/status/1543023686671818752

LOL so now the acc plan is an alliance with the left overs

Jul 1, 2022, 10:59 PM

from the big 12 and pac 12 ....if clemson gets he chance they have to jump or we will be left behind while the big and sec teams flourish

Re: LOL so now the acc plan is an alliance with the left overs

Jul 2, 2022, 10:40 AM

I'd bet the Big 12 can't wait to dance on the ACC's grave after the noses were turned up and they were ignored in the first bogus Alliance. The left over Big12 schools fans are laughing at the PAC now.

Maryland….ACC’s are small minded, no way Maryland pays everything

Jul 2, 2022, 10:49 AM

Back to ACC……or anyone else that leaves for that matter…Idiots

Jul 2, 2022, 10:51 AM

Sitting around scratching their butts waiting to pick up the scraps. It might turn out great in the long run but I’d say it’s a very small likelihood.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic