Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rencher: A True Clemson Man
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Rencher: A True Clemson Man

Sep 21, 2021, 7:01 PM

I’ve read a few posts lately & seen some unusual criticism of Darien Rencher. It’s unusual because of what Darien has meant to our program & university. Outside of being a PAW Journey ambassador & Disney Spirit Award recipient, Darien was a walk-on who EARNED his scholarship, just like fan fave Hunter Renfrow.

I’ve seen criticism of him receiving carries; he shows up for practice, the coaches seem to trust him. He may not be a future NFLer, but he’s a true Clemson man, through & through.

I’ve also seen criticism surrounding his status as a social justice activist. I think it’s unwarranted & uncalled for, because 1) Nobody had anything to say about that when we were winning last year & 2) I saw no criticism of TL16 or Coach Swinney for their participation in social justice activism last season. Help me understand what the difference between those gentlemen & Darien Rencher is, outside of the obvious differences in their amounts of melanin.

Ordinarily, I wouldn’t defend any player receiving any criticism, but I know Darien personally, as an Anderson native & Clemson alum. Criticize the coaches for giving him carries all you want, but to criticize the important work of calling out racial injustice being done by him is unnecessary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rencher: A True Clemson Man

Sep 21, 2021, 7:12 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2021, 7:18 PM

I don’t care about anything but winning.

Right now we are riding a unicycle on the edge of the Grand Canyon; therefore, I see carries by Rencher about the same as I see throws to Swinney. Is it really our best chance to win?

Sorry it wasn’t a big ‘ol racist reason, like you wanted.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2021, 9:11 PM

You’re entitled to your opinion my friend. However, as I stated before, criticize the coaches for giving him carries. But to criticize his off the field activities is unnecessary. Btw, the fact that you got offended shows your true colors.

Sep 21, 2021, 9:20 PM

That fact that you think I’m offended; shows yours. Keep on ‘baiting.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2021, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Rencher: A True Clemson Man ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 21, 2021, 7:26 PM

I agree with your assessment, great kid, great ambassador for the program… he’s not the one advocating for carries, I’m sure he is self aware enough of his short comings and limitations, the PT and the PT taken from others that are physically more deserving (like Bowman last year vs Wale), that’s on the coaches. I don’t know Rencher but he seems like a kid that would just want to win, what’s best for the program and have the most deserving players play. I don’t know why he is getting blamed for coaching decisions, good call out.

Sep 21, 2021, 7:26 PM

The only ones that care about race are racists.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 21, 2021, 8:47 PM

Is this a football conversation or a political one? No really ? If you are just referring to a true Clemson Man then there are hundred of thousands of good Clemson men in the world that doesn’t promote racial division. But if you are just talking football the Rencher is a solid back that can get the job done or he would not have a spot on the team!

Sep 21, 2021, 8:54 PM

He lead the BLM movement on campus for the football program, and as a white man who stole the land of the brown man, I appreciate him helping me understand where I could have been a better white man. I just hope he isn’t mistakenly taking the white mans money to pay for his education

Sep 21, 2021, 8:56 PM

Reacher is sjw he needs to go he’s holding up a spot on the roaster just like jake and his brother

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2021, 9:41 PM

As a Clemson alumni it’s embarrassing to read comments like this. Rencher has been an amazing ambassador for our football program as well as our university, which is more than deserving of a scholarship in its own right. The family atmosphere vs win at all costs mindset is what differentiates us from programs like Ohio State and Alabama, and these type of comments are detrimental and malignant.

Sep 21, 2021, 10:38 PM

9 posts in 5 years?

Sep 21, 2021, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Rencher: A True Clemson Man ]

CUBioE13 said:

As a Clemson alumni it’s embarrassing to read comments like this. Rencher has been an amazing ambassador for our football program as well as our university, which is more than deserving of a scholarship in its own right. The family atmosphere vs win at all costs mindset is what differentiates us from programs like Ohio State and Alabama, and these type of comments are detrimental and malignant.

Rencher is a fantastic individual and he will have great success off the field.

I haven't liked a lot of the social justice stuff he does, but it's not their fault they are being brainwashed by their favorite athletes and mainstream media.

Rencher is a really good guy and this world would be a much better place with people like him in it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of people here criticized Dabo for his involvement in the march.***

Sep 21, 2021, 9:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: A lot of people here criticized Dabo for his involvement in the march.***

Sep 22, 2021, 8:26 AM

That criticism was unwarranted because, whether you agree with it or not, racial injustice is a real issue in this country. I’m not rehashing that conversation & that wasn’t the point of the post. The point of the post was simple: stop criticizing somebody who shows up just like every other player, does what every other player does, & does what the coaches ask. Stop the unfair criticisms of a young man I’m sure you had nothing but good things to say about before our offensive struggles this season.

Sep 21, 2021, 10:27 PM

I’ve never seen a player get so much attention for so little achievements on the field. Don’t even compare to Renfrow, you know the guy that will be doing his thing in the NFL for awhile.

Rencher coming back for an extra year on scholarship was a selfish move. I bet if he was white or wasn’t all into social justice he would’ve been asked to move along. In this instance the coaching staff was like naw we don’t want that media #### storm.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Sep 22, 2021, 8:02 AM

Believe me, Darien Rencher is far from selfish. And the comment about “Well if he were white” just shows what you think about him. It ain’t all about making it to the NFL. To quote our head coach, “We don’t serve their talents, we serve their hearts.” Our program needs men like Darien Rencher because, while he may not make it to the NFL, he’s going to be a phenomenal husband, father, & member of society.

Sep 22, 2021, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Rencher: A True Clemson Man ]

Believe me, Darien Rencher is far from selfish. And the comment about “Well if he were white” just shows what you think about him. It ain’t all about making it to the NFL. To quote our head coach, “We don’t serve their talents, we serve their hearts.” Our program needs men like Darien Rencher because, while he may not make it to the NFL, he’s going to be a phenomenal husband, father, & member of society.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic