Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Relax Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Relax Dabo

Feb 2, 2023, 11:22 PM

Don’t y’all think that Dabo seems extremely uptight? Relax Coach- we still love you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Relax Dabo

Feb 2, 2023, 11:27 PM

He talks too much!!!!!!! Takes 15 minutes on what should take one minute.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really.

Feb 2, 2023, 11:28 PM

He probably just needs to shat. I totally get it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not really.

Feb 3, 2023, 12:12 PM

Head coaches want their assistants and their entire football staff to not be satisfied with losing. They want each player to not be satisfied with losing any game. However, they want fans to ??? How do they want fans to react?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you sure you meant to respond to my post?***

Feb 3, 2023, 2:31 PM

I tend to agree he is a little less easy-go-lucky in his

Feb 3, 2023, 7:42 AM

pressers than he used to be. I think there is a new kinda of pressure in CFB that he is figuring out how to handle.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I tend to agree he is a little less easy-go-lucky in his

Feb 3, 2023, 9:15 AM

Crap…figuring what out? He knows exactly what he needs to do to adjust. Just do it!

Bringing in a new OC is a step in the right direction.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 3, 2023, 9:27 AM

I'm not sure he knows exactly how to adjust to NIL and the transfer portal and all the money being thrown around for those things. There's simply no real way to adjust to it unless you also have a lot of money to throw around for those things.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2023, 11:33 AM

He will not adjust. Just the kind of person he is and how he feels about it. I honestly do not see him staying much longer with the changes that have unfolded in the last couple of years. Hope I’m wrong but I do not think so unfortunately. It’s not what he signed up for. You can go to the NFL and be on a much level playing field.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

He, and the Clemson program have already "adjusted".

Feb 3, 2023, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I tend to agree he is a little less easy-go-lucky in his ]

You don't need portal guys to build teams and we have a top notch NIL building and program.

Not sure what you're referring to?

Re: He, and the Clemson program have already "adjusted".

Feb 3, 2023, 1:25 PM

You have to have the money going into the NIL program. I'm not saying we don't use NIL or that none of our players are getting it. I just doubt that we have people making multi-million dollar offers to recruits and transfers like you hear about happening at other places.

Feb 3, 2023, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I tend to agree he is a little less easy-go-lucky in his ]

Clemson has a lot of money though , or so I'm tolt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

For somebody who claims he doesn’t listen to “outside noise”….

Feb 3, 2023, 8:42 AM

He sure seems obsessed with responding to “outside noise”……….I’m good with it. Means he’s listening.

But yeah sounds uptight and somewhat hypocritical when calling out what fans used to do after an acc championship.

Exactly.

Feb 3, 2023, 8:58 AM

Dabo remembers when our fans got excited about ACC championships.

And I remember when our coaches got us into the playoffs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Exactly.

Feb 3, 2023, 9:06 AM

Really? I thought it was generational talent masking poor coaching. Can’t have it both ways.

They recruited those players and absolutely get credit for the team’s accomplishments.

Feb 3, 2023, 9:12 AM

That doesn’t make them outstanding in-game coaches or necessarily say anything about their ability to develop players though.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: They recruited those players and absolutely get credit for the team’s accomplishments.

Feb 3, 2023, 9:14 AM

So our football coaches are not good in game coaches but Brownell is??

Brownell is an excellent coach.***

Feb 3, 2023, 9:19 AM

Re: Brownell is an excellent coach.***

Feb 3, 2023, 9:32 AM

I just spit out my sprite zero in laughter!!!

Feb 3, 2023, 1:10 PM

Reminds me of "Baghdad Bob"

Then why does Brad's 44th average recruiting classes

Feb 3, 2023, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Brownell is an excellent coach.*** ]

only deliver 76th place Net ranking finishes? Best roster ever right now and we're 63rd? Yet Dabo takes 10th ranked recruiting classes on average and delivers championships and final 4's? Two down years here yet we're only 5 spots worse than that recruiting average and locked and loaded for more greatness ahead?

Compare their one possession score differential records over the years and get back to me on your 'in game' trolling ignorance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that's "excellent"

Feb 3, 2023, 1:13 PM

Excellent for the bottom half of college basketball.

He's getting an excellent 38th highest salary in the country and has an average finish of 76th in 12 years.

Save for two miracle finishes over two bad basketball team, our in-game basketball has been horrendous. Close losses when we look so horribly coached and prepared are the defining moments of poor coaching. I especially like that in-game decision to put 6 guys on the court last season. What a brilliant move! Too bad the refs noticed.

That lady is a trolling jack-a. I don't understand why she's allowed to partake in her petty charade every single day?

Feb 3, 2023, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Brownell is an excellent coach.*** ]

I do not think he is an excellent in game coach. We consistently go on scoreless stretches. I have seen us give up big leads time and time again. I believe he is a good defensive coach and decent coach overall but to say he is a good in game coach but Dabo isn't is mind blowing to me.

Two top 40 finishes in 12 years is not "excellent", troll.

Feb 3, 2023, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Brownell is an excellent coach.*** ]

It's below mediocre.

You simply cannot be serious.

you misspelled - “for a girls jv team”***

Feb 3, 2023, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Brownell is an excellent coach.*** ]

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

We're the second best team in the playoff era

Feb 3, 2023, 1:06 PM [ in reply to They recruited those players and absolutely get credit for the team’s accomplishments. ]

At what point does "in-game coaching" come into play, troll?

I simply don't understand why you're allowed to troll this board every, single day.

Trolling is against board rules. Why is this petty troll allowed free reign? She knows the contrived nonsense she spews is nothing more than hack troll jobs. Yet, every... single... day.

Feb 3, 2023, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Exactly. ]

Judge, are you talking about when CBB got us into the NCAAT?

Feb 3, 2023, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Exactly. ]

My point here isn't to say our fans should be happy with Dabo no matter what from this point forward or anything. However, if someone told us all when Dabo took over as head coach that by the year 2022 he would've led us to 4 NC games, won 2 NC's, that there would be this new 4 team playoff format and we'd make it to that 6 years in a row, we'd win 8 ACC Championships, 10 division titles, and win 10 or more games in a season 12 years in a row and that many of our fans would be unhappy with him then we'd all call that person insane.

We were a fumbled punt and 20 yds from the playoffs

Feb 3, 2023, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Exactly. ]

We were a QB away from making the playoffs this year and last, troll.

You got a lot of nerve talking about postseason when you husband has been an overpaid to miss the tournament most every single year.

You simply cannot be serious, troll.

Feb 4, 2023, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Exactly. ]

BB can’t remember either.

Re: For somebody who claims he doesn’t listen to “outside noise”….

Feb 3, 2023, 9:31 AM [ in reply to For somebody who claims he doesn’t listen to “outside noise”…. ]

Which is funny because I remember our fans making fun of Alabama fans for their lack of turnout whenever their team returned after losing to us in the NC game. I remember a lot of comments of how spoiled their fans were and how our fans support our team no matter what.

Re: For somebody who claims he doesn’t listen to “outside noise”….

Feb 3, 2023, 11:50 AM

Which is funny because I remember our fans making fun of Alabama fans for their lack of turnout whenever their team returned after losing to us in the NC game. I remember a lot of comments of how spoiled their fans were and how our fans support our team no matter what.

Dabo was dead on in his assessment. Lot of bandwagon fans joined on after 2016, only explanation I can figure. I’m still pumped about going to the ACC championship. Missing it in 2021 made me sick.

MEG

Listening to what, phony pheebo?

Feb 3, 2023, 12:59 PM [ in reply to For somebody who claims he doesn’t listen to “outside noise”…. ]

And what is he being "hypocritical" about?

You poor disgruntled fan you.

Feb 3, 2023, 8:45 AM

Don’t y’all think that Dabo seems extremely uptight? Relax Coach- we still love you.

No, I don't think Dabo is extremely uptight. I agree with his perspective. And I think a lot of Clemson fans agree with his perspective, and don't mind him occasionally (or even often) spelling out his perspective of things relating to his Clemson program, his staff, and his players.

But you apparently don't, and you're apparently not alone. So be it. On the other hand, I'm enjoying the ride with Dabo. And I always enjoy hearing his perspective on things. I know several Clemson fans who agree with me.

I think you're reading a bit much into his statement.

Feb 3, 2023, 9:03 AM

He wasn't attacking Dabo but just stating the obvious.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Feb 3, 2023, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Relax Dabo ]

Tigered6® said:

No, I don't think Dabo is extremely uptight. I agree with his perspective. And I think a lot of Clemson fans agree with his perspective, and don't mind him occasionally (or even often) spelling out his perspective of things relating to his Clemson program, his staff, and his players.

But you apparently don't, and you're apparently not alone. So be it. On the other hand, I'm enjoying the ride with Dabo. And I always enjoy hearing his perspective on things. I know several Clemson fans who agree with me.

He did not say anything that was untrue. Hell if I was coach I’m probably unloading some of my frustrations as well. He hears the noise and some of it is unwarranted imo. I’m sure he makes the best decisions he can at the time and will make additional changes if that does not work out. Has had 3 guys leave his staff to be head coaches. Besides Bama who else is churning out those numbers.

Expecting to go to the playoffs every year is a great goal but it’s never going to happen.

We expect BB to get to the tourney every year but that’s never going to happen either.

MEG

Yes. He seems uptight and overly defensive.

Feb 3, 2023, 8:57 AM

And as someone else mentioned, he needs to learn when to say less sometimes.

Re: Yes. He seems uptight and overly defensive.

Feb 3, 2023, 9:01 AM

Irony

Feb 3, 2023, 9:05 AM

At its finest.

What public comments have I made on camera?

Feb 3, 2023, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes. He seems uptight and overly defensive. ]

An anonymous fan message board does not equal a press conference.

Re: What public comments have I made on camera?

Feb 3, 2023, 1:08 PM

Your spin machine is set on max RPM today.

He's not incorrect.

Feb 4, 2023, 11:11 AM

This is a fan message bored not a platform. Dabo has an actual platform and when he speaks, he speaks for aloooooooot of people.

And sometimes when youre the dude at the top, "yes" and "no" and "I dont know" are good options.

Orange-blooded until further notice.

Feb 3, 2023, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Yes. He seems uptight and overly defensive. ]

Go let him know JK, and let us know how that goes.

MEG

I wouldn't say overly defensive.

Feb 3, 2023, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Yes. He seems uptight and overly defensive. ]

Imo that's an exaggeration. What he has endured this season is many faithful fans questioning his decisions and thereby his ability or desire to produce the best possible product on the field.

The only thing to satisfy some of those fans is if Dabo admitted he hired the wrong guy for OC. Some wanted our DC fired too.

I imagine Dabo has much more respect for fans than many have for him. I would have told you all to suck a big one if I was attacked as violently and often as Dabo has been this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How was Dabo “violently attacked” this off-season?***

Feb 4, 2023, 10:31 AM

Feb 3, 2023, 9:15 AM

Nope salty Dabo is my favorite, if he was quite y’all would be screaming how complacent he is. No matter what he’s gonna have people whining about it so might as well get it off his chest. Maybe don’t listen to anything he has to say if it’s a bother.

If Dabo was quite what?***

Feb 3, 2023, 9:20 AM

Feb 3, 2023, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Relax Dabo ]

I was just going to say the same thing. He’s lost his fire but at the same time he’s wrong to challenge the fans. Some people are just going to complain no matter what he does. Just don’t let anyone disagree with any other coaches or let your autocorrect misspell a word….

Yeah those comments about the fans were just dumb.

Feb 3, 2023, 9:33 AM

People realized that the coaches didn't put a "best is the standard" product on the field last year, can't blame them for not being enthusiastic about beating a weak UNC team. Especially when you consider all of the "The best is yet to come!" statements after 2019.

The ACC was about as strong as the Sun Belt last year, let's be honest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2023, 9:35 AM

Dabo's record! I think he can say whatever he wants!

Championships

2 National (2016, 2018)
8 ACC (2011, 2015–2020, 2022)
10 ACC Atlantic Division (2009, 2011, 2012, 2015–2020, 2022)

Awards

3× Paul "Bear" Bryant Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
AFCA Coach of the Year (2015)
AP College Football Coach of the Year (2015)
Sporting News Coach of the Year (2015)
Walter Camp Coach of the Year (2015)
Home Depot Coach of the Year (2015)
George Munger Award (2015)
Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year (2011)
2× ACC Coach of the Year (2015, 2018}

Not really. A lot of our fans have really showed their

Feb 3, 2023, 11:38 AM

##### here when a little adversity hit the program for a change. I suppose when you've reached such successful heights as Dabo has taken that program to then it can certainly warp some folks' perspective. We've certainly attracted our share of fair weathers over this run, so less of a foundation for some, but it's been a bit of a downer to see some of the takes from old schoolers also, and how personal some have gotten in regards to Dabo's character and commitment. It's like they've been paying zero attention to what Dabo has been sharing all along and what got us here to begin with. To each his own I guess.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not really. A lot of our fans have really showed their

Feb 3, 2023, 3:39 PM

By the way Judge, Brownell's record. Compare the two.

Head coaching record

Overall 402–256 (.611)
Tournaments 3–6 (NCAA Division I)
4–3 (NIT)

Accomplishments and honors
Championships

2 CAA tournament (2003, 2006)
2 CAA regular season (2003, 2006)
Horizon League tournament (2007)
Horizon League regular season (2007)
Awards
2× CAA Coach of the Year (2003, 2006)
Horizon League Coach of the Year (2008)

Message was edited by: RedKnight18®

Good point.

Feb 4, 2023, 10:34 AM

Brad has a lot more wins than Dabo.

Feb 4, 2023, 9:22 AM

No, you don’t still love him and Dabo’s always been that way you of short memory status.

Just win, Dabo baby.

Feb 4, 2023, 10:57 AM

It's a podium youre standing behind, not a pulpit.

I can read my own bible, do my own word studies and pull down any number of sermons on "joy" and "perspective."

Your job is to win football games. Lots and lots and lots of them.

If you dont like that arrangment, go do something else but dont scapegoat the fans because youre not vibing with them the way you once did.

Message translated from the original Greek by: Come_and_take_it®'s textual critic.

Orange-blooded until further notice.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic