Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting This Week Pt2: DT Big Board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Recruiting This Week Pt2: DT Big Board

Apr 19, 2021, 12:04 PM

We now have our second update of the week. In the first update I looked at mock class numbers for each positions. Sometime on Wednesday I should have a big post about updated rankings for 247. Now for an update on the DT big Big Board.

Clemson plans to take 2 DT

5* Travis Shaw: If there is one player that I have been asked the most questions on it is for sure Shaw. I think a lot people believed that Shaw was a "lock" and were concerned that Jalon Walker's commitment to UGA could change Shaw's mind. The truth is that Shaw was never a Clemson "lock", and his recruitment was always going to be tough just because of how good he is. The other fact is that while Walker and Shaw talk, they have never really met eachother and there was no guarantee that they were going to be a package deal. Walker will no doubt try to influence Shaw, but Clemson has some help in that camp as well, he speaks with both Payton Page and DJ Reader who are from the Greensboro Area, plus other people close to him. Clemson likes where they are but his recruitment is not close to being over, and right now it seems Clemson, UGA, and UNC will battle it out for him.

5* Gabe Dindy: Dindy is an Oklahoma legacy and they were the perceived leader for quite some time, but Clemson and TA&M seem to have that gap closing rapidly. Dindy's father is a pastor, and the faith based family culture of Clemson seems to really appeal to him. He has already been to tour A&M and he plans to take a visit to OU in September. Dindy has stated that he wants to also play DE once he goes to college as well. OU should still be considered the favorite,but visits could make any of those 3 teams viable options.

4* Alex VanSumeren: He is a more recent offer out of Michigan. His brother just transferred to Michigan State, and they should be considered the favorites. However, he said that the biggest moment in recruitment was being offered by Clemson because they do not offer that many people, Clemson is already in the top 3 along with Mich State and Penn State. He reminds me a lot of Tyler Davis, he could be the next diamond that Clemson finds along the D-Line.

4* Caden Curry: I have not heard a lot recently on Curry. I have thought that he was an OSU lean for a long time and will most likely commit there,Clemson Bama, Oregon seem to be hanging around.

No star Hero Kanu: You were probably shocked to see that Clemson offered a player that is so low. However, Kanu is from Germany and just started playing football this Spring. Do not be surprised when the rankings are updated on Wednesday if he is a top 100 player. OSU, LSU, and Georgia have all offered and his recruitment is just getting started.

-Klubnick looked good at the camp in Texas this weekend, will be interesting to see how close to a 5* he gets.

-Wanted to send a quick shoutout to the men's soccer team for their great win Saturday. I was able to go and look forward to being able to make it to a few tournament games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting This Week Pt2: DT Big Board

Apr 19, 2021, 1:05 PM

Really hope we get Shaw and what little video I saw of Hero, he is a strong dude. Thanks for the insightful information and yes that was a great win Saturday.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2021, 8:47 AM

Yes they are both great. Shaw reminds me a lot of Dexter Lawrence.

Apr 19, 2021, 6:35 PM

Any two of them will do. But I really hope one of them is Alex. Appears to be a Clemson type guy.

Thanks for putting this together in such short notice. As do I sincerely appreciate the shoutout and putting together the class position breakdown. That helps!!!!

As you can tell from the TU's, you are much appreciated from all.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2021, 12:29 PM

Yeah like him to, expect Clemson, Bama, and TA&M from his new top 12 to be the choice along with Michigan State. Appreciate it.

Good stuff****

Apr 19, 2021, 6:59 PM

Apr 19, 2021, 8:14 PM

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 19, 2021, 10:16 PM

Tiger Woods, is that you??!!

Great stuff! Thank you!

Apr 20, 2021, 12:57 PM

Thanks so much. Sure is nice to see some football talk around here. Awfully slow since the kids can't have real visits. I just don't understand the NCAA thinking on that, very unfair to those young athletes being expected to commit without ever having met their coaches :(

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic