Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting This Week PT: 3 5* QB Malachi Nelson and Other Updates
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,347

Recruiting This Week PT: 3 5* QB Malachi Nelson and Other Updates

May 12, 2021, 12:34 PM

If you clicked on this post that means that you are interested in Clemson football recruiting, so let's stop wasting your time and get started.

-As it seems is the case with all posts now let's start with 23" QB recruiting. I made a post detailing 5* QB Malachi Nelson's plans to attend Clemson this Summer around 3 weeks ago. Only a week after that post Nelson announced that he was going to commit this July, and said he was unsure if he would still be attending a Clemson camp. I can now say that Nelson might still attend Clemson's camp on June 5th, after the staff had a meeting with him last week, and his 5* WR teammate Makai Lemon is also still interested in attending. Remember that both players came to Clemson this Fall on their own dime for a visit. Whether Nelson will actually come is still up in the air, and whether a trip to Clemson would derail the inevitable Oklahoma commit in July remains to be seen. However, Nelson is too talented a prospect for Clemson to not at least try.

-Last post I detailed Clemson's interest in 23" RB Justice Haynes. Another name also seems likely to be attending Clemson's campus this Summer in 5* Athlete Treyaun Webb. Webb and CJ have been in contact and plans on camping at Clemson June 5th, to go along with other visits to Florida, OSU, OU, and UGA. Webb could also play DB in college.

-I have told y'all that in-state 4* class of 22" WR Antonio Williams will be camping at Clemson on June 6th. Now his 4* class of 23" WR teammate Devin Hyatt also appears to be coming to Clemson June 6th. Hyatt also plans on working out for Alabama this Summer. On Williams, it will be interesting to see if Clemson ever offers him, as he has been courting an offer for months now.

-I have said that Clemson only plans to take a 3rd OL if they think he is a high level OT. The only outstanding offer is Julian Armella, but based on my returns, I do not see Clemson making a big push there. With that in mind a new prospect has emerged for Clemson. Georgia OT Falentha Carswell will be at Clemson on June 6th. Carswell is 6-7 275 and his recruitment should blow up this Summer with him camping at Alabama and Georgia before he makes his way to Clemson.

-Arguably Clemson's top TE target this cycle is Georgia TE Oscar Delp. Delp plans on making an unofficial trip to Clemson June 3rd with his uncle James Chappell who played for Clemson, and was roommates with Brandon Streeter. Besides Clemson Delp has set up visits to UGA, U of SC, and Florida, and is setting up visits to Michigan and Alabama. Delp is planning on saving an official visit to give to Clemson in the Fall, if he is still undecided. Georgia should be considered the favorite here.

-On to more visits from class of 23" guys. CB Dale Miller out of Alabama plans on camping at Clemson June 2nd and local Greenville S Ashton Whitner will also camp at Clemson but on June 3rd.

-Also two massive class of 23" DT will be at Clemson this June. Virginia DT Joel Starlings, 6-5 310, plans on checking Clemson out June 6th and New Jersey DT Sydir Mitchell, 6-5 350, wants to camp at Clemson.

-Side note that Clemson appears to be doing really well with class of 22" DE DJ Wesolak and CB Toriano Pride both out of Missouri. The two would like to play together, they would each be really nice pickups.

-Lastly, on Bubba Chandler and Will Taylor, the two QBs who are set to enroll in the Fall. After checking in, Chandler seems more and more likely to play professional baseball, as it appears he will get the number that he wanted. However, if I was giving odds on Taylor I would say that there is a greater chance that he enrolls with Clemson in the Summer.

-Have a great week Tigernation!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting This Week PT: 3 5* QB Malachi Nelson and Other Updates

May 12, 2021, 12:54 PM

Thanks for the update, great information that’s really appreciated. I can’t imagine if any of us had the chance to go in the 1st round & be an instant millionaire at 18 years old we wouldn’t go take that chance unless my family had a lot of money already. My family didn’t so I would have been riding the bus with a fat wallet!

I think Will & Bubba both take the money ?? but I lean on your info that Will will be a Tiger. At least we recruited quality athletes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 12, 2021, 1:21 PM

You are welcome, Will could absolutely go play baseball this Summer, especially if he gets drafted higher than expected, but if I had to pick based on what I have heard he will go to Clemson.

May 12, 2021, 3:00 PM

Sherrrod Covil changed his visit date so he could make the Elite Retreat, more on him next time, but as I told y'all keep feeling better and better about that one.

May 12, 2021, 3:15 PM

Thanks *

May 12, 2021, 11:39 PM

No problem, thank you!

May 12, 2021, 4:16 PM

Thanks for the report. Nice to see serious football stuff posted. With Chandler most likely going MLB route what are you hearing about the possible transfer portal QB? I like what I saw of Helms last year in spot play but I think we will need quality depth. Even with Wiles and if Taylor still comes to Clemson I think we need experienced talent behind DJ.

May 12, 2021, 5:23 PM

Hey man thanks for joining in. We all know that Dabo does not like the portal, and to be honest there are not many guys that are better than Helms willing to come in and sit left at this point.

-Clemson did reach out, around a month ago, to a former 4* QB Austin Kendall who is originally from North Carolina that Clemson recruited in 2016. However, Kendall recently took a job in Dallas that would be very hard to leave to be the backup. I have heard nothing new about a potential prospect since I was told about Kendall. If I do it will be in one of my updates.

May 12, 2021, 6:38 PM

Good info PAW. Thanks for the updates. Good read.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2021, 6:33 PM

Appreciate the info.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 12, 2021, 9:08 PM

As always no problem and thank you!

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,347
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic