Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reasons to Dislike Beamer Jr ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Reasons to Dislike Beamer Jr ?

Aug 5, 2021, 12:20 AM

I honestly can't get very well riled up on this hire by the Coots .
Aside from his working in the Spurrier days , there's just not enough information on him for me to form a negative opinion .

Anyone want to put me on some real visceral something with this dude ?
Anything at all that we can trash on him for ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Reasons to Dislike Beamer Jr ?

Aug 5, 2021, 12:57 AM

If you want the full information on "Shane Baby" go to Wikipedia.
But if you want just his resume highlights, you have come to the right man; ME.
1) He played his college ball at, where else ,Virginia Tech where he was the long snapper.
He served in assistant capacities both at Ga. Tech under their great coach George O'Leary and under Phil Fulmer at U.T.( you know that team that wears real orange juice colored jerseys) and you reminded us ,briefly of his days with "Slurring Steve Spurrier".
And to end on a high note he served under both Kirby Smart, and Lincoln Riley before being named the Head man at Cooterville.
Add to that his Dad never won a National Championship at Virginia Tech so he definitely doesn't have any National Championship pedigree on his resume.
So is this enough information for you to form that negative opinion or do I need to dig up some dirt on his family life or political affiliation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2021, 1:18 AM

I appreciate the work ...I do , but there's just not a thing there that makes me dislike the guy .

Being the HC of the Coots comes with the responsibility of being unlikeable to a fault ( Holtz , Spurrier , Muschamp ) and this guy isn't pressing the buttons yet .

Maybe give it a season or two ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 5, 2021, 5:12 AM

So I will get back to you in a season or two.

The difference is...

Aug 5, 2021, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Reasons to Dislike Beamer Jr ? ]

Holtz, Spurrier, and Muschamp were already royal a$$hats and vehemently disliked long before they ever arrived in Slumbia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 5, 2021, 2:41 AM

The best thing that I can come up with, and it's as real as real can be, and that is he had to be really stupid, or very hard up for a job to accept the job as the coots HC. Any thing else he has done in his past is minor to becoming the coot HC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2021, 8:41 AM

I'd accept a job that makes me a millionaire as well. No brainer for Baby Beamer IMHO. Even at Cooterville State.

Aug 5, 2021, 3:05 AM

Wakileaks cheater……

Aug 5, 2021, 5:21 AM

Can you expound upon this assertion ?

DB23

Aug 5, 2021, 6:36 AM

From an article on SI…Georgia fined assistant coach Shane Beamer $25,000 for his part in the Wake Forest scandal. When Beamer was still at Virginia Tech, he was contacted by Tommy Elrod the night before their game with Wake Forest. Elrod gave Beamer a couple of plays that he thought Wake Forest would run. Beamer accepted the information and did not notify officials at Va Tech.

Aug 5, 2021, 7:28 AM

Two reasons! Seriously, he seems to be all right. I am sure.we’ll get some negative material once we start playing!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don’t like slick-talking phony people…

Aug 5, 2021, 7:36 AM

You probably won’t like Bummer Jr. very much.
I don’t have any hate for him…but definitely don’t like him.

He loves having press conferences, because he probably knows that’s what he does best. Just look him up on YouTube. Dude could take a dump and have a press conference about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He coaches the Coots.

Aug 5, 2021, 7:46 AM

That’s the only reason you need.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Aug 5, 2021, 8:45 AM

his new house is in my parents neighborhood. his wife decided to do a 1.5 million dollar renovation to the house. they have been working on the house for 5-6 months and the construction vehicles clog up the cul de sac.
also since the "Head Chicken In Charge" moved in... property values have gone down. :p

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Aug 5, 2021, 9:44 AM

I always try and find the good things to say about the coots coaches... mostly because I know their fanbase will never say something pleasant.

I head that Shane is a good father and has a great talent for consoling a crying, defeated fanbase.

How good of a father can he really be?

Aug 5, 2021, 11:41 AM

He voluntarily moved his family that that S#!7hole Columbia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Tough one…

Aug 5, 2021, 11:44 AM

It’s pretty silly and petty that he won’t say Clemson… and the aforementioned Wakeyleaks scandal….

It’s really hard to feel much towards a program that’s as toothless as their poorly chosen mascot….

Never fear, the Chicken Curse will get him.

Aug 5, 2021, 12:28 PM

Sparky was also hard to hate, but never fear, no Coot Coach can escape the wrath of the Chicken Curse.

Aug 5, 2021, 7:52 PM

I'm pretty good friends with a few ex-gamecock players, and they all seem to like him (unlike his predecessor, who they hated). They desperately want to hope that "he's their Dabo"....which I find hilarious because it wasn't long ago that they mocked us (and me) for hiring Dabo in the first instance. They aren't laughing anymore, I can tell you. By all counts he seems to be an OK guy.

My how things can change.

Screw Calford.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic