GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNETs™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus TNETs™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Ravens fail to reach an agreement with Lemuer Jackson on
Tiger Boards - Clemson Pros
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 4  

Ravens fail to reach an agreement with Lemuer Jackson on

[1]
Sep 9, 2022, 7:38 PM

a contract extension, and said that "Deshaun Watson's $230 Million fully guaranteed contract" was one of the things causing issues in the negotiations. To that, I say GREAT!

The NFL is the only dadgummed one of the three major professional sports in this country where contract amounts mean squat. Player X signs a 5 year, $150 million dollar contract, but only $80 million of that is guaranteed? I have always thought that was BS. Nobody plays more games with real money than do NFL owners. I hope we get to the day in the NFL when ALL contracts are fully guaranteed, and there is only one monetary amount to talk about.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: Ravens fail to reach an agreement with Lemuer Jackson on

Sep 9, 2022, 7:47 PM

In fairness the browns F'D the market with 250 guaranteed money for a guy that didnt even play in 2021 was going to miss a good portion of 2022. Just a terrible precedent and business decision.

flag link

It’s Lamar’s fault this hasn’t gotten done yet

[1]
Sep 9, 2022, 7:50 PM

The old saying “A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client” definitely applies here. There aren’t many players in the league that I can think of who are less capable of negotiating a multi-million dollar deal than that guy.

2022 white level member flag link

Re: It’s Lamar’s fault this hasn’t gotten done yet

Sep 9, 2022, 7:59 PM

He is betting on himself. He thinks he will get 100 million more than they are offering. I bet in the end he does. He has lawyers too. He just doesn't use an agent.

flag link

Re: Ravens fail to reach an agreement with Lemuer Jackson on

[1]
Sep 9, 2022, 9:17 PM

He graduated from Louisville so let’s not give to much credit. One awh sh_t wipes out all the atta boys!

flag link

Replies: 4  
Tiger Boards - Clemson Pros
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
557 people have read this post