Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quotables from Dabo's call-in show on corners, coaches, etc.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Quotables from Dabo's call-in show on corners, coaches, etc.

Sep 26, 2022, 9:05 PM

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney hit on a number of subjects in tonight's call-in show ahead of a primetime showdown with No. 10 NC State Saturday in Death Valley, including the health of his defensive backs this weekend and what he saw out of them:

"Hopefully we'll get some of those guys out (back). (Andrew) Mukuba, Sheridan (Jones) and Malcolm (Greene). Three older guys who were out. We definitely had a baptism on some guys -- also just playing our technique. Playing the call that's called. Understanding the fundamentals and not peeking in the backfield. Eyes on the right things -- there's just a lot of things that we just did really poorly in the third quarter. Definitely have a lot of work to do this week to get ready for another really, really good team - the best team that we've seen to this point coming in here."

"I love our guys (at corner). They dang sure can't get no worse. We're going to get better -- we're 4-0 and we've got nowhere near our best football on tape so we keep grinding and working and hopefully this is the weekend -- we don't have to play perfect but we've got to play well. This is a really good football team. We can't make the type of mistakes that we made. 120 yards in penalties, the fact that we won that game is a miracle, but we had no turnovers. They just found a way. I think that's a great quality..."

"I told Coach Clawson after the game that if they threw another deep ball on my corners, I was never going to speak to him again. Holy cow." 

Part of where he talked about hiring from within: "I've always gone with my instincts and what I believe to be right. At the end of the day and I'm not successful, I can look in the mirror and I don't have anybody to blame but myself. I won't fail because I did something someone else wanted me to do. That's the No. 1 way to fail is one person wants this and another person wants that. At the end of the day, you have to have conviction and I hired Chad Morris who had coached college football for eight months but he was who we needed. And then when I hired Tony (Elliott) in '14, Tony called all the plays in those years and when I promoted he and Jeff, Tony had never called a play in his life...That's why I am convicted in how I go about things.

"Again, I will always promote from within if it's feasible...We haven't had a lot of coaching changes, but I'm loyal to the people who are loyal to me. I don't worry about -- I know there are always comments and narratives on things like that, but I could care less about any of that stuff. At the end of the day, if we're not successful -- I can look in the mirror and I can't have anyone to blame but myself. Man, I lead and make decisions based on my faith and based on my instincts and that's what got me here."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's about as honest as he can be...

Sep 26, 2022, 9:16 PM

...and why I love Dabo. The man has never shirked personal accountability and knows that the buck stops with him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Quotables from Dabo's call-in show on corners, coaches, etc.

Sep 26, 2022, 9:17 PM

This is why we all things trust in Dabo. Find me another coach that has this type conviction under the BS throwed at him from every direction. Mirror test at its finest

That's how a man does it.

Sep 26, 2022, 9:19 PM

A punk will please the loudmouths as if listening to the crowd excuses his failure(s).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quotables from Dabo's call-in show on corners, coaches, etc.

Sep 26, 2022, 9:21 PM

He'd better hope so because that secondary is at best a question mark...those guys looked like they had never seen a football field ...coaching them up would be nice

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He don't have to hope, he just does his job .while telling

Sep 26, 2022, 9:30 PM

you and your kind you don't matter LOL

You look like you’re trying to hold in a fart or either you

Sep 26, 2022, 10:44 PM

just farted in that pic of yours.

Re: You look like you’re trying to hold in a fart or either you

Sep 27, 2022, 2:15 AM

Holding the fart in his mouth, or wearing braces. Hard to tell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic